Citrix is introducing new technology to improve the delivery of voice, video and 3D graphics to virtual desktops and to make decisions about traffic prioritization in order to boost end-user experience.
Servers & Storage - News
EMC and Microsoft have extended a partnership that focuses on interoperability of products related to virtualization, security and content management, the companies announced this week.
Dell this week talked about steps the company is taking to improve energy efficiency in servers, also outlining a server-refresh cycle that could help customers cut energy costs in the long run.
VMware this week announced VMware View Open Client and claimed that it advances its vClient Initiative toward universal clients.
Sun Microsystems plans to detail on March 18 its grand entrance into the cloud computing space, Sun officials said Tuesday morning.
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
Building a cloud computing infrastructure can be a complicated endeavor, but stealth start-up VMops hopes to provide a silver lining with its all-in-one infrastructure software that lets service providers or corporations deploy and host their own clo...
Deutsche Telekom spin-off Zimory has unveiled Public Cloud, a marketplace for companies that want to buy and sell hosted server capacity online.
There's life in legacy Cobol applications yet. A new offering from Micro Focus will enable companies to use applications written in the language within cloud computing environments.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday added tools for orchestration and recovery to its Adaptive Infrastructure portfolio. And, as with most enterprise-class technology announcements these days, HP said that the new tools promise IT cost-savings and reduced ri...
SanDisk and LG Electronics on Wednesday demonstrated a specialized MicroSD card that mobile operators could load with content and bundle with a handset, then keep the subscriber from using in any other device or on another carrier's network.
SanDisk unveiled its next-generation solid-state drives (SSDs) at the International CES. One series is aimed at the hot netbook market and the other at laptops. The company's new higher-performance SSD for laptops are priced at less than US$250 for a...
Solid-state disks, hard-disk drive replacements filled with flash memory chips, have become popular in the laptop computing space and now they're expanding to other markets. At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show, Samsung Electronics ...
Samsung Electronics announced Tuesday that it has developed a 2.5-in., 100GB solid-state disk (SSD) drive with enhanced performance for use in servers running applications such as video-on-demand, internet data centers and online transaction processi...
Startup storage vendor Ctera is looking to service-provider networks as the best place for home and small-business backup and will go through them to sell an appliance that combines local and cloud storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW