The Hitachi XL Desktop Drive is a 3.5in external hard drive with a massive 2TB capacity (a cheaper 1TB version is also available). It comes with easy to use backup software, it's a cool operator and it isn’t too painful to look at.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Corsair is a well-established designer of performance upgrade components for PCs, making its name with rugged power-supply units, system memory, and more recently, fast SSDs. The Force Series F120 is its latest model.
The Western Digital My Passport AV is a portable USB 2.0 external hard drive with a 320GB capacity. As the 'AV' in its name implies, it has been specifically designed with the video connoisseur and camcorder user in mind. It provides reliable video p...
The FreeAgent GoFlex Pro is one model in Seagate's refresh of its portable hard drive line (desktop versions are available, too). The new GoFlex system this drive is a part of encompasses drives of varying colours and capacities, connection modules, ...
Initial attempts at boosting magnetic hard-drive performance with a dose of flash memory fell flat; these so-called hybrid hard drives, released by Seagate and, in smaller quantity, by Samsung, didn't deliver on their promised speed gains. Now, nearl...
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not pay...
The latest addition to Western Digital’s VelociRaptor range doubles the storage capacity of the previous model and adds a SATA III interface. The new WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 6 Gb/s SATA stands out as a heavyweight hard drive for high-end gaming an...
The Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT is a 2.5in internal SATA II hard drive suitable for notebooks, media players and other portable devices. It boasts a roomy 750GB capacity (a 1TB version is also available), a 5400rpm spin speed and 8MB of c...
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
When we last looked at the Corsair Flash Voyager Mini, we were taken back by its capacity. At only 33x20mm and weighing under 6g, it seemed amazing that you could squeeze 4GB of flash storage into something so small.
The Kingston DataTraveler 310 is a USB 2.0 flash drive with a gargantuan 256GB of storage. This is the highest capacity currently available on the market; putting it in the same league as some entry-level external hard drives. (Not bad for a device t...
The ASUS SBC-06D1S-U is an external Blu-ray drive designed for PC-based home theatre systems. In addition to playing Blu-ray discs, it is also a capable DVD burner. (This is a function that many external BD drives lack.) Alongside its DVD burning cap...
The Hitachi X500 Mobile Drive is a 500GB, 2.5in external hard drive (5400rpm). It uses a simple plug-n-play USB 2.0 interface and is primarily designed for portable use -- hence the name. It’s not particularly fast and doesn’t come with many extras, ...
When all external hard drives are clones for all practical purposes, manufacturers see unique functionality as a differentiator and value add. To this end, Seagate has come up with what they can call an appliance -- the "Replica Complete PC Backup Sy...
So you have tons USB storage lying around, and you wish that you could just put it in some out-of-the-way spot and access it across your home network. The Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station will let you do that and more--with up to four drives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPHelpDesk Analyst (Access Control Team Leader)ACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTWeb Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingOther
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTDatabase AdministraotrOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD