With solid-state disk (SSD) drives becoming more popular for laptops, users may find themselves in the position of upgrading the hard disk drive (HDD) in an older machine to get the reliability and speed that comes with flash memory technology.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Considering Astone's motto — "Design for Life!" — it is no surprise that the ISO GEAR 288 external hard drive's prioritises style over durability. Thankfully, this hard drive is also quite fast. Though it won't survive a trip to the Sahar...
The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive (SSD) from Kingston Technology has a capacity of 64GB and is best suited to users looking to replace their computer's main hard drive. It has a 2.5in form factor and is based on multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory...
Synology's Disk Station DS409 is a competent network-attached storage (NAS) device with four disk bays (you'll have to provide that hard drives yourself). It has a total potential storage capacity of 8TB.
The Solidata K5-32 is a 2.5in, 32GB solid-state drive (SSD). It features single-level cell (SLC) memory, which allows it to provide higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) than drives with multi-level cells (MLC). This makes it a good choice...
The new Sun Fire X2270 and Sun Fire X4270 servers are the fastest x64 servers Sun has ever produced.
Solidata's K6-32 solid-state drive (SSD) provides 32GB of storage in a 2.5in enclosure. It isn't the cheapest SSD of this capacity currently available, but is still an affordable option if you're looking to make the transition from a conventional mag...
Promise's SmartStor DS4600 is a direct-attached storage (DAS) enclosure that can house up to four hard drives and provide up to 8TB of storage. It's suitable for a direct connection to servers or workstations, it supports RAID arrays, and its design ...
HP's SimpleSave Portable is a 320GB external hard drive that can automatically back up data from multiple PCs with minimal input from the user. The included software is geared towards novices and is extremely easy to use, though we would have liked s...
QNAP's TS-219P Turbo is a two-bay network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for homes and small offices.
TP-Link's tiny TL-PS310U print server lets you share a multifunction device or a USB drive over your network. It's useful if you don't want to share files and printer resources through a PC, and it's quite easy to set up and use.
QNAP's SS-439 Pro Turbo is the company's first network-attached storage (NAS) device to use 2.5in hard drives. Powered by an Intel Atom processor, this four-bay NAS device is extremely fast, but doesn't offer the power efficiency or quiet operation o...
Synology's Disk Station DS409slim is one of the first network-attached storage (NAS) devices we've seen to make use of 2.5in notebook hard drives instead of 3.5 desktop hard drives. The use of 2.5in notebook drives allows the DS409slim to be smaller ...
If the 1TB storage capacity of the My Book World Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device simply isn't enough, Western Digital's two-bay My Book World Edition II might be suitable.
During the Big Dig, the city of Boston erected a sign saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day. If it was, we would have hired their contractor." That's a good way to describe the general state of affairs regarding the ideal of divorcing services from har...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTData Storage Integration SpecialistACT
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FTCitrix Designer / Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTAssurance specialist(Quality Assurance and Process Improvement)ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- CCNetwork Systems Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FT.Net Developer (WCF & WPF)Other
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | Six Month Contract |Immediate StartQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther