When is a NAS drive not a NAS drive? Perhaps when it doesn’t include any onboard storage. In every other respect though, the Synology USB Station 2 ticks all the boxes for a regular NAS drive.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
The Hitachi LifeStudio Mobile Plus is a 500GB external hard drive that connects magnetically to a 4GB USB key included in the sales package. As its name implies, it is a portable version of the Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus. Both hard drives come with...
The Western Digital My Passport Essential SE is a portable 1TB external hard drive with USB 3.0 support. It comes bundled with WD’s SmartWare management software and 256-bit AES hardware encryption. Compact and impressively fast, the Western Digital ...
The Hitachi LifeStudio Desk Plus is a 3.5in 2TB external hard drive bundled with a 4GB USB key, which connects magnetically to the front of the device. The unit supports USB 2.0 connectivity and is also USB 1.1 backwards compatible. It ships with Lif...
Seagate's GoFlex Desk External Drive is a 3TB USB 2.0 external hard drive. Optional adapters can be used to add USB 3.0 and FireWire connectivity.
Cloud Engines' stylish Pogoplug makes it easy to access and share files from home across the Internet, using your own local drives and Internet connection via the company's Website portal. Simply log on to your account, and any storage attached to th...
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net gives you supereasy access to your files from any Internet connection, along with the ability to share them with others.
External storage is now cheaper than it has ever been, and, with USB 3.0 on the scene, it's also about to get much faster. If you have a laptop or desktop PC with a USB 3.0 connection, then you can take advantage of Buffalo's new USB 3.0-based 1TB Dr...
Seagate has clearly had a busy year with the launch of its GoFlex storage line. The latest entry in that line is the FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB portable drive, which packs half a terabyte more than the competition offers in a 2.5-inch design. The $299 dr...
The LaCie Rikki Go is a 2.5in ultraportable external hard drive that boasts the smallest dimensions in its class (75x109x13mm).
Western Digital's My Book Studio is a 2TB external hard drive supporting FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It is designed primarily for Mac users, although it can be used on Windows platforms after a reformat.
The Western Digital Scorpio Black (WD5000BEKT) is a high-performance 2.5in notebook drive boasting a 7200rpm spin speed, 16MB of cache memory, a SATA 3 GB/s interface and 500GB of storage space. It will suit IT professionals, multimedia enthusiasts a...
The Clickfree C2N Automatic Home Backup is a USB 2.0-based external hard drive that can be used to back up multiple computers over a network. It has preinstalled backup software that makes this task painless, and the drive is available in capacities ...
The Clickfree Transformer SE (Special Edition) cable can turn any USB-based external hard drive or iPod into a simple backup solution. The cable itself is tiny, and a dongle on the end has the Clickfree backup software built in to it. There's no mess...
Most of the time, a good network-attached storage (NAS) device isn't always a pretty one. File storage isn't a beauty contest, and if it were, the first place crown would usually go to the hefty, less-attractive contestants that emphasized reliabilit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTInformation Security ArchitectOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- TPLead Software Engineer C++NSW
- FTField Engineers - Telecommunications ProjectsNSW
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- CCSolutions Designer / Technology LeadNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT