Information storage and virtualisation company, and wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has added the Hitachi Flash Storage (HFS) A series family to its flash portfolio.
USB Flash Drives
If you’ve ever wanted a flash drive that can be used on both Android and iOS devices, the PhotoFast iFlash Evo Plus is for you. It’s a 16-128GB stick (we’re looking at the 16GB here) that contains not only full-sized USB 3.0, but also micro-USB and Lightning connections.
With the iXpand drive, SanDisk is providing an on-the-go flash device for users of iPhones and iPads. It has been designed to be plug-and-play (after you install and app for it), and at its most basic level it’s a two-headed flash drive with both USB and Lightning interfaces. It's available in capacities of 32GB or 64GB. This review is of the 32GB version.
SanDisk’s Ultra Dual USB Drive is a USB drive with two connectors. On one side there is a micro-USB head for Android phones and tablets. On the other is a USB 2.0 connector for computers. The purpose of dual-head connections is for easy file transfers between your PC or Mac and your Android device.
Verbatim’s latest USB drive makes it possible to transfer multimedia files to an Android smartphone or tablet without using a computer. It’s an ideal solution for people who want to share content between their Android devices without having to install smartphone drivers and software on a computer.
Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android may not be the most imaginatively named product of 2013, but it's definitely an interesting product, and one that's bound to appeal to data-swapping Android users who swing recent smartphones or tablets. It's a USB stick that has both regular USB and micro-USB ends, which means you can plug it into a PC, or directly into an Android device. Why? So you can quickly transfer stuff without having to use a cable or a cloud service.
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 is a chunky USB 3.0 thumbdrive with a good turn of speed and capacity up to 64GB
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be hacked to intercept data. It's also stylishly rendered in brushed silver metal, rugged, and easy to use.
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not paying for memory. What you're buying here is protection -- something that the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 has in spades.
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
When we last looked at the Corsair Flash Voyager Mini, we were taken back by its capacity. At only 33x20mm and weighing under 6g, it seemed amazing that you could squeeze 4GB of flash storage into something so small.
Flash memory drives that are more about looks than portability.
The storage needs of business users vary. If you're on the road, a small and portable external hard drive with plenty of space will be handy. Home office users will appreciate lots of centralised hard drive space, while small offices with multiple PCs should look at the networked and centralised storage offered by network-attached storage (NAS) devices.
4 lucky winners will be selected from a pool of all eligible entries and take home one of the following prizes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- CCLeas Technical AnalystNSW
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW