The days of dowdy accounting software – that which was made to keep accountants in business and infuriate business users – are behind us. Welcome to the best cloud and SaaS-based accounting packages to use at the End of Financial Year.
Software and Services
Put that slick Surface Pen to work with these ink-happy tools for your laptop-tablet hybrid.
A buggy internal Insider preview build accidentally made its way to Windows 10 devices and even non-Insider Windows phones.
Skype's next major upgrade adds an army of smart bots and services that are eager to supplement your chats with your group of best friends.
To speed up in-flight internet access don't stick a rocket on it, but a xenon-ion propulsion system (XIPS).
Asus, HP, and Lenovo plan to bring Windows 10 to devices running on ARM Snapdragon processors. But the future devices have a lot to prove.
Microsoft wants you to use Windows 10's inking talents every day. That's why it's offering a collection of pens that will roam with you, and coming later, the Whiteboard collaborative app.
Microsoft says that Linux is simply too powerful for the constraints it put on Windows 10 S.
Google I/O may not have revealed any new hardware, but it did introduce a plethora of ways to integrate Google into everything we do.
Don't overlook Microsoft's toolbar for Windows 10 gaming. Here's what it offers following the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Microsoft has moved the navigation elements of OneNote to the left-hand rail on most versions, to benefit accessibility tools like screen readers.
Microsoft's hidden a wealth of information among the Settings menu in the new Windows 10 Insider build 16199, as well as some new My People functionality.
4 lucky winners will be selected from a pool of all eligible entries and take home one of the following prizes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTDatabase AdministraotrOther
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTProject OfficerOther
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW