Skype's next major upgrade adds an army of smart bots and services that are eager to supplement your chats with your group of best friends.
A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
On May 11, 1997, a computer showed that it could outclass a human in that most human of pursuits: playing a game. The human was World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov, and the computer was IBM's Deep Blue. Murray Campbell, one of Deep Blue's creators, talks about the other things computers have learned to do as well as, or better than, humans, and what that means for our future.
Arccos Golf is leveraging the data generated by its golf performance tracking system to provide a subscription-based artificial intelligence caddie to help golfers make data-driven decisions on the course.
Research into artificial intelligence is going gangbusters, and the frenetic pace won't let up for about five years.
SnapLogic wants to make it easier for users of its enterprise software integration platform to connect components of their business systems. The company unveiled a new feature on Tuesday that uses machine learning to suggest what users may want to do.
Google released a paper Wednesday detailing the benefits of using its dedicated Tensor Processing Units for machine learning inference, and the results are staggering.
Google and Jigsaw (an early stage incubator at Google parent company Alphabet) are working on a project called Perspective that aims to curb online abuse through Artificial Intelligence
A third of the way through the latest man-vs.-machine poker tournament, the A.I. system is winning handily.
It may take several years or even decades, but hackers won’t necessarily always be human. Artificial intelligence –- a technology that also promises to revolutionize cyber security -- could one day become the go-to hacking tool.
The head of Google's cloud business says she doesn't expect machine intelligence to exceed that of humans during her lifetime, despite recent rapid progress that has surprised many.
Microsoft has positioned artificial intelligence as being as important as Windows, Office and Cloud. Here's why.
The White House sees artificial intelligence as an increasingly critical technology that can fight cyberattacks, upgrade weapons of war, improve health care and even unclog traffic for the commute home.
The massive Computex trade show, which focuses on computer components and associated technologies, technically opens tomorrow. However, with much of the world's computer press in town, Nvidia hired a the key presentation areas of the central Grand Hyatt hotel and CEO, Jen-Shun Huang hosted a brekkie where he outlined Nvidia's (and the world's major technology sectors) direction. Here are his key points in slide form.
In recent years, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) have received overwhelming attention, however the interesting – even obvious – connection between the two hasn’t often been explored. It is the combination of big data and AI working together that is now enabling business leaders to deliver new insights, efficiencies and even new functions that haven’t been possible before. This is evident in the increasingly useful role big data and AI are playing in a broad spectrum of traditionally outsourced functions such as recruitment, HR, finance and supply chain, through to security and IT.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- Twenty years after Deep Blue, what can AI do for us?
- The next 5 years in AI will be frenetic, says Intel's new AI chief
- SnapLogic's AI simplifies enterprise software connections
- Google says its AI chips smoke CPUs, GPUs in performance tests
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject OfficerOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperOther
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- CCDevOps Engineer/ AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTData Storage Integration SpecialistACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD