The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Coding, Hacking and Programming
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Ransomware is one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative forms of cybercrime in the world. It's malware that encrypts files on your device and is often delivered through an innocent-seeming link in an email or when a “helpful” program is downloaded.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
New intelligence can be added to mobile devices like the iPhone, Android devices, and low-power computers like Raspberry Pi with Facebook's new open-source Caffe2 deep-learning framework.
Friday’s release of suspected NSA spying tools is bad news for companies running Windows Server. The cyberweapons, which are now publicly available, can easily hack older versions of the OS.
A severe Microsoft Office vulnerability was recently used to deliver spyware to Russian-speaking targets, in a possible case of cyberespionage.
More emphasis than ever is being placed on enterprises to create an amazing UX with their mobile apps. As If delivering error free apps was not pressured enough these superior quality apps must be delivered faster than the competition while facing a constantly evolving technological landscape.
Raspberry Pi may be the most well-known board computer, but rival Orange Pi is rolling out a much larger range of boards at a dizzying pace, and at cheaper prices.
The arrest last week of a Russian man in Spain was apparently for his role in a massive spam botnet and not related to an ongoing investigation into foreign tampering with last year's U.S. election.
None of the new alleged NSA exploits leaked by the Shadow Brokers hacking group poses an immediate threat to users.
The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
Annoyed with the U.S. missile strike last week on an airfield in Syria, among other things, hacker group Shadow Brokers resurfaced on Saturday and released what they said was the password to files containing suspected National Security Agency tools they had earlier tried to sell.
A group of hackers who claimed to hold millions of iCloud accounts for ransom said on Friday they'd been paid. But one bitcoin expert says that's bogus.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Facebook's Caffe2 AI tools come to iPhone, Android, and Raspberry Pi
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW