Security company Modzero found a program acting as a keylogger in certain HP PCs.
Coding, Hacking and Programming
Although most consumers PCs are safe from Intel's Active Management vulnerability, some may actually have the hardware that's vulnerable. Here's how to check.
The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Ransomware is one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative forms of cybercrime in the world. It's malware that encrypts files on your device and is often delivered through an innocent-seeming link in an email or when a “helpful” program is downloaded.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
New intelligence can be added to mobile devices like the iPhone, Android devices, and low-power computers like Raspberry Pi with Facebook's new open-source Caffe2 deep-learning framework.
Friday’s release of suspected NSA spying tools is bad news for companies running Windows Server. The cyberweapons, which are now publicly available, can easily hack older versions of the OS.
A severe Microsoft Office vulnerability was recently used to deliver spyware to Russian-speaking targets, in a possible case of cyberespionage.
More emphasis than ever is being placed on enterprises to create an amazing UX with their mobile apps. As If delivering error free apps was not pressured enough these superior quality apps must be delivered faster than the competition while facing a constantly evolving technological landscape.
Raspberry Pi may be the most well-known board computer, but rival Orange Pi is rolling out a much larger range of boards at a dizzying pace, and at cheaper prices.
The arrest last week of a Russian man in Spain was apparently for his role in a massive spam botnet and not related to an ongoing investigation into foreign tampering with last year's U.S. election.
None of the new alleged NSA exploits leaked by the Shadow Brokers hacking group poses an immediate threat to users.
The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Some HP PCs are recording your keystrokes
- How to check for the Intel Active Management exploit that lets hackers take over your PC
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Support OfficerOther
- FTSAP PMO Lead / ManagerOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Service EconomicsNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- CCFinance Billing OfficerACT
- CCUnderground Communication Systems Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDVIC
- FTSr Systems Engineer- Active Directory, SOE, VMWare PowershellOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTColdFusion DeveloperOther
- FTCommercial Contracts ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Lead - .NetQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCTraining specialistNSW