RMIT Online has announced the launch of its university short course in virtual reality and augmented reality using Amazon Sumerian, as well as further AI courses.
Previously referred to as STEM education, STEAM education stands for 'Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics', a term used to describe a method of educational focus on these subjects in schools, colleges and other learning institutions.
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's answer to Chromebooks in schools, but you'll be able to buy it too. Here's everything you need to know.
Microsoft may take aim at Chromebooks' dominance in schools with an inexpensive Surface and cloud-based Windows.
Microsoft's smash sandbox is expanding to more schools, and teachers claim real benefits.
Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
Australian tertiary educations are larger, more international and more prestigious than ever. The country boasts seven of the world’s top 100 universities, and 10 more that rank among the world’s top 300. In 2015, there were 498,155 international students on a student visa in Australia; that’s 10 per cent more than in the previous year, making education Australia’s largest service export. During the same year, 31,912 Australian students from 34 universities left to study abroad.
Prospective university students are faced with steep fees and difficult choices when it comes to enrolling into a course – their pool of choice has overflowed in recent years to include not just local universities and TAFEs, but also overseas, online, remote learning and even non-government supported education options.
They are highly paid and highly sought after, and have opportunities to work for some of the world’s largest and progressive companies. And yet, every year the ICT industry is crying out for skilled employees. So why aren’t more Australian kids coding?
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
The Apple iPhone is a feature-laden, highly capable device that meets the needs of the majority of owners but when it comes to data management its operating system can be both confusing and time consuming.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Nest Hub Max (2019) review
- 2 Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100 (2019) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- 5 Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Windows 10 S FAQ: Everything you need to know about Microsoft's streamlined operating system
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- These graduate students had no idea their teaching assistant was a robot
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Best true wireless earbuds: Jabra vs Sony vs Beats
- The Pixel 4 has everything you expected (plus a killer price-tag)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?