Previously referred to as STEM education, STEAM education stands for 'Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics', a term used to describe a method of educational focus on these subjects in schools, colleges and other learning institutions.
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's answer to Chromebooks in schools, but you'll be able to buy it too. Here's everything you need to know.
Microsoft may take aim at Chromebooks' dominance in schools with an inexpensive Surface and cloud-based Windows.
Microsoft's smash sandbox is expanding to more schools, and teachers claim real benefits.
Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
Australian tertiary educations are larger, more international and more prestigious than ever. The country boasts seven of the world’s top 100 universities, and 10 more that rank among the world’s top 300. In 2015, there were 498,155 international students on a student visa in Australia; that’s 10 per cent more than in the previous year, making education Australia’s largest service export. During the same year, 31,912 Australian students from 34 universities left to study abroad.
Prospective university students are faced with steep fees and difficult choices when it comes to enrolling into a course – their pool of choice has overflowed in recent years to include not just local universities and TAFEs, but also overseas, online, remote learning and even non-government supported education options.
They are highly paid and highly sought after, and have opportunities to work for some of the world’s largest and progressive companies. And yet, every year the ICT industry is crying out for skilled employees. So why aren’t more Australian kids coding?
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has hailed the University of New South Wales’ quantum computing research as the “best in the world.”
The youth and ICT industry and education leaders are concerned about the slow adoption of STEM subjects in schools. That was the main message raised across a panel of speakers at the Data61 2016 conference.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as "bee" rather than the phonic "ber".
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as “bee” rather than the phonic “ber”.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S FAQ: Everything you need to know about Microsoft's streamlined operating system
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- These graduate students had no idea their teaching assistant was a robot
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- Pushing STEM in high school is too little, too late
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork & System EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistQLD
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTDatastage DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW
- FTSenior Change | 6mths +Other
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- CCBusiness Financial advisorNSW
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEACT