Previously referred to as STEM education, STEAM education stands for 'Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics', a term used to describe a method of educational focus on these subjects in schools, colleges and other learning institutions.
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's answer to Chromebooks in schools, but you'll be able to buy it too. Here's everything you need to know.
Microsoft may take aim at Chromebooks' dominance in schools with an inexpensive Surface and cloud-based Windows.
Microsoft's smash sandbox is expanding to more schools, and teachers claim real benefits.
Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
Australian tertiary educations are larger, more international and more prestigious than ever. The country boasts seven of the world’s top 100 universities, and 10 more that rank among the world’s top 300. In 2015, there were 498,155 international students on a student visa in Australia; that’s 10 per cent more than in the previous year, making education Australia’s largest service export. During the same year, 31,912 Australian students from 34 universities left to study abroad.
Prospective university students are faced with steep fees and difficult choices when it comes to enrolling into a course – their pool of choice has overflowed in recent years to include not just local universities and TAFEs, but also overseas, online, remote learning and even non-government supported education options.
They are highly paid and highly sought after, and have opportunities to work for some of the world’s largest and progressive companies. And yet, every year the ICT industry is crying out for skilled employees. So why aren’t more Australian kids coding?
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has hailed the University of New South Wales’ quantum computing research as the “best in the world.”
The youth and ICT industry and education leaders are concerned about the slow adoption of STEM subjects in schools. That was the main message raised across a panel of speakers at the Data61 2016 conference.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as "bee" rather than the phonic "ber".
There are plenty of Reading iPhone and iPad apps for children but most stick to pronouncing B as “bee” rather than the phonic “ber”.
Need a label printer that is easy to set up, compact and doesn't scrimp on print quality? The Brother QL-820NWB Professional Label Printer ticks all these boxes and more!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S FAQ: Everything you need to know about Microsoft's streamlined operating system
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- These graduate students had no idea their teaching assistant was a robot
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- Pushing STEM in high school is too little, too late
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTHFC Project Manager (Delivery) - ContractVIC
- CCData Migration Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior System Engineer - Wintel & MacVIC
- FTAgile Telco Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Security OfficerACT
- FTUser Interface (UI) DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java Developer - April startACT
- FTProgram Delivery ManagerOther
- FTJAVA DevelopersACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- TPTechnical Project OfficerQLD
- FTMobile Application DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerQLD
- TPRemote Sensing OfficerACT
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- FTDatastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- TPSAP S/4HANA Implementation Project Manager - FMCGVIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther