Microsoft made a mistake at its recent developers conference when it didn't push customers to buy new hardware, an analyst said today.
Software and Services - Features
Twitter wasn't the favorite to land the NFL's Thursday Night Football live stream, but the company came out on top because of its potential reach and established role in creating online commentary around live sports.
Now that Mailbox is gone, we recommend the best email clients for GTD, Inbox Zero, Exchange users, Gmail, minimalists, and more.
As usual, Microsoft is late to the party. But this isn't like all the other times that came before
Yahoo! may be capped with an exclamation but there is a giant question mark hanging over its future.
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
COBOL offers the promise of job security and above-average pay. Even some of the cool kids are doing it.
Netflix is securing the borders of its US library, but the latest crackdown is another token effort in a war it can never win.
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Search engine optimization experts share advice on how marketers and SEO pros can keep up with Google's ever-changing algorithm and ensure that their websites rank prominently on the world's leading search engine.
On ABC’s LateLine last night, nbn CEO Bill Morrow was asked why the new “skinny fibre” (a new form of fibre-based broadband technology) wasn’t being used instead of Fibre-to-the-Node (copper based broadband) despite only being slightly-more expensive...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
A pop song about Skype. A punk song about PowerPoint. A funky rap about Microsoft Bob. And so many more. Nothing gets the party started like a Microsoft jam.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW