Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
Software and Services - Features
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
If you're a Windows 7 user who wants to try out Linux for the first time, one of the easiest ways to do so is to install Ubuntu by using the Windows Ubuntu Installer, or Wubi for short. Using this installer, you can run Ubuntu on your Windows system ...
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
The clock is winding down to the official launch of Windows 8. With only a few weeks to go until Windows 8 hits the street, businesses and consumers will have to decide whether to invest in the latest Microsoft operating system, or just stick with wh...
This is a common question that many people have been asking us, wondering if they should wait for Windows 8 to be released, or to buy a computer with Windows 7 on it now. The answer is relatively simple in our opinion: if you want to buy a desktop or...
One year and one week since the release of OS X Lion, Apple is back with Mountain Lion, also known as OS X 10.8.
With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
The beta version of Office 2013 gets a needed facelift and adds a host of useful features, but its Cloud integration leaves something to be desired.
Apple updates its iOS mobile operating system once a year. But why should the iPhone and iPad have all the fun? On Thursday Apple announced that it will release a new version of OS X—Mountain Lion—this summer, just a year after the release of OS X Li...
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
Back when Windows Vista was but a twinkle in Bill Gates's eye, Microsoft had some extremely ambitious plans to rid computer users of an outmoded concept called "files." But alas, WinFS (as the company's project was called) turned out to be too ambiti...
Reader David Mitchell delves into the personal with this question about Lion. He writes:
Thanks to three new features in Lion -- and improvements to one older feature -- losing your data or your place may soon be a thing of the past. Versions, Auto Save, Resume, and Time Machine combine to make sure that not only are your documents thoro...
Lion introduces a slew of changes to the OS X interface -- some of them entirely new, others variations on existing features. In either case, they're going to take some getting used to.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSalesforce AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT