Minor but necessary tweaks are coming to the iPad this September. Here's a sneak preview.
While just one in five broadband households own a smart device, and only one in ten purchased one in 2015, a significant number plan to consider a smart home device this year.
Are you too lazy to open the door or switch on a light? Let Windows 10 and its Cortana voice-activated digital assistant do the job for you.
Microsoft's Word has always been an impressively powerful piece of software, with dozens, if not hundreds, of features most people never knew existed. The new "Ribbon" interface in Word 2007 attempts to make some of those features easier to find and use, but there are still a lot of really handy features that you may not even know to look for.
MySpace Music's long-awaited overhaul went live today, granting users access to thousands of streaming songs and new features such as customisable playlists, updated aesthetics, and a direct connection to Amazon.com's MP3 library.
Claiming the title of Australia’s first unlimited mobile music download service, Vodafone’s MusicStation certainly looks great value for money on first glance. Although it isn’t perfect, a competitive price, hassle-free downloads and an excellent user interface certainly impress.
BT Podshow offers millions of hours of music, games and videos for use on a PC or portable media player, with much of the video content created by the viewers themselves.
7digital.com is a music store offering WMA, ACC and MP3 files for download
Digital music store eMusic specialises in songs outside the mainstream
With clairvoyants who say you were a great knight in the past, the interest in tracing your roots would be a lot more fascinating. Where once you would have had to store all the information, documents and photos in unwieldy spreadsheets or documents at best, or shoeboxes in the garage at worst, now software titles such as Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition provide you with a simple way to store and track all that precious data.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Is there still time for 2016 to be the year of the smart home? Maybe
- Microsoft is putting Windows 10, Cortana at the center of smart homes
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTTest LeadACT
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)Other
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD