On July 12, an Internet-Wide Day of Action will highlight how the web would look if telecom companies were allowed to control it for profit. Protestors will stage mock consequences such as slower download times.
To speed up in-flight internet access don't stick a rocket on it, but a xenon-ion propulsion system (XIPS).
The catalog for Edge extensions isn't huge, but it's still got some helpful tools to enhance your web browsing.
Opera 45 lets you easily share content with friends thanks to built-in messaging features.
The FCC's website slowed to a crawl after comic and political commentator John Oliver urged viewers to flood the agency with comments in support of net neutrality, in what appeared to be a repeat of a 2014 incident. But the cause may have been more sinister than people expressing their support for net neutrality rules.
A bill introduced Monday by some U.S. senators aims to repeal net neutrality rules under the Federal Communications Commission’s 2015 Open Internet Order, and ban the agency from issuing a similar order in the future.
A U.S. appeals court has denied a request by broadband trade groups to rehear its decision last June to uphold the Federal Communications Commission's controversial 2015 net neutrality rules.
No more toggling between browser tabs for the tools you need. These extensions put everything you need on one page.
Sir Tim Berners Lee, deservingly among the most decorated of technology professionals for his invention of the world wide web, has now been honored with the 50th edition of the ACM A.M. Turing Award (a.k.a., the Nobel Prize of Computing).
The number of websites supporting HTTPS has skyrocketed over the past year and there are many benefits for turning on encryption on your website today.
Village Roadshow will this month launch Federal Court action to block up to 40 piracy-linked websites sites, the company revealed today.
A major hosting service for sites on the dark web has apparently been hacked, resulting in scores of hidden sites, including those offering child pornography, going offline.
Has your website been Chromed by Google? What every business should know.
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Need an all-in-one printer for your fast paced mobile lifestyle? Read this review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Opera 45 goes social with sidebars for Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Telegram
- FCC hit with DDoS attacks after John Oliver takes on net neutrality
- US bill aims to quash Open Internet Order, prevent its return
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- CCPerformance Test EngineerQLD
- FTColdFusion DeveloperOther
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness Process Improvement (Six Sigma Green / Black Belt)Other
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Lead - .NetQLD
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- TPKnowledge Management LeadVIC
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst, FX and TradingOther
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPFunctional Analyst x 3VIC
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTData ModellerACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectVIC