Google has launched its powerful Assistant for iOS, but it turns out that Siri is just as good – if not better – for iPhone users.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft wants you to use Windows 10's inking talents every day. That's why it's offering a collection of pens that will roam with you, and coming later, the Whiteboard collaborative app.
Microsoft says that Linux is simply too powerful for the constraints it put on Windows 10 S.
Don't overlook Microsoft's toolbar for Windows 10 gaming. Here's what it offers following the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Microsoft has moved the navigation elements of OneNote to the left-hand rail on most versions, to benefit accessibility tools like screen readers.
Microsoft's hidden a wealth of information among the Settings menu in the new Windows 10 Insider build 16199, as well as some new My People functionality.
Google's ubiquitous A.I. assistant is getting better. Say hello to typed queries, seamless app integration and Google Lens.
In this far-ranging interview from 2001, "Father of the Internet" Vinton Cerf recalls having to "shove TCP down people's throats" and lobby for government permission to commercialize the 'Net.
Google unveils its plans to expand Google Assistant by pushing it into more devices, and adding new capabilities like payments, the company said at Google I/O.
Users of old Windows systems can now download a patch to protect them from this week’s massive ransomware attack.
Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
Microsoft has begun rolling out the new Story Remix app that's part of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, allowing you to design amazing photo slideshows. Unfortunately, some flagship features have been delayed.
Windows 10 Insider Preview 16193 lets users try the new Story Remix app and other new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update features.
On May 11, 1997, a computer showed that it could outclass a human in that most human of pursuits: playing a game. The human was World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov, and the computer was IBM's Deep Blue. Murray Campbell, one of Deep Blue's creators, t...
Amazon is on the verge of disrupting the enterprise videoconferencing and unified communications markets dominated by Cisco and Avaya.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- The simple RAM buying guide
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW