Windows 7 may be looking faster and more polished than its predecessor, Windows Vista, but both operating systems are nearly identical under the hood.
Software and Services - News
Google introduced a refreshed look logo line for its services and a new Labs feature in Gmail that allows users to preview their inbox messages while the webmail service is loading.
Microsoft on Thursday said it had canceled an oral hearing set for early next month over EU antitrust allegations that it "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition, saying that senior regulators won't be attending.
Why, when people were trying to get me to switch from Windows to a Mac, did no one tell me about AppleScript?
Microsoft yesterday reminded Office 2000 users that it will discontinue security updates for the aged suite in less than two months as it drops all support for the software.
Half of the businesses that have deployed Linux on the desktop have rolled it out to less than 20% of their workers due to perceived and real obstacles, according to a survey released today by UK analyst firm, Freeform Dynamics.
Microsoft will unveil pricing for Windows 7 in a few weeks, a Web site that has accurately predicted past company moves said today.
Microsoft has not even released or confirmed next week's rumored release of its Kumo search engine, and already the industry is speculating what the new engine will or will not do, both in terms of functionality and for the company's search market sh...
Google has released a new API for Google Maps designed to relieve developers of the burden of maintaining their own repositories for geographical data.
The Wikimedia Foundation will change the terms under which it licenses the content in Wikipedia, the organization said Thursday.
A jury in Texas has ordered Microsoft to pay a Toronto software company US$200 million for patent infringement involving several of its software products, Microsoft confirmed Thursday.
Microsoft is now letting anyone download My Phone, a mobile data backup program for Windows Mobile devices, which was released in February as an invitation-only beta.
Sun Microsystems plans to launch an App Store that could make Apple's look smaller than a 7-Eleven by comparison.
Although Microsoft quietly delivered Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to TechNet and MSDN subscribers last week, the company has still has not made the upgrade available to other users.
Microsoft is adding Netflix to the list of content providers in its Windows Media Center feature for Vista PCs as part of the company's drive to give people more entertainment options on their computers.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW