Annoyed with the U.S. missile strike last week on an airfield in Syria, among other things, hacker group Shadow Brokers resurfaced on Saturday and released what they said was the password to files containing suspected National Security Agency tools t...
Software and Services - News
A group of hackers who claimed to hold millions of iCloud accounts for ransom said on Friday they'd been paid. But one bitcoin expert says that's bogus.
Business users get access to their own version of the Windows 10 beta program this week.
Microsoft's moving on from the Windows 10 Creators Update to Redstone 3, its fall update, with a new Insider release. But where's Windows 10 Mobile in all this?
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
In Xbox One's Creators Update, Cortana has received an upgrade, supporting some new tricks such as reminders and alarms. Here's what Cortana can and still can't do.
Your PC can still play Asteroids and Super Mario Bros. just not with an app from the Windows Store.
Google released a paper Wednesday detailing the benefits of using its dedicated Tensor Processing Units for machine learning inference, and the results are staggering.
Companies that choose to outsource their IT operations should be careful. Suspected Chinese hackers have been hitting businesses by breaching their third-party IT service providers.
Apple fixed a serious vulnerability that could allow attackers to remotely execute malicious code on the Broadcom Wi-Fi chips used in iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
A researcher has uncovered some 40 serious vulnerabilities in Samsung's code that could be remotely exploited by hackers.
The notorious hackers behind a string of banking heists have left behind a clue that reveals a long-suspected link to North Korea, according to security researchers.
Business travelers, rejoice: You can now save some Netflix shows to your Windows 10 laptop's hard drive for viewing in the air or in your hotel.
WikiLeaks may have dealt another blow to the CIA’s hacking operations by releasing files that allegedly show how the agency was masking its malware attacks.
A minor redesign of the Xbox One user interface, and the major addition of Beam game streaming are the focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update for the Xbox One.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC