A minor redesign of the Xbox One user interface, and the major addition of Beam game streaming are the focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update for the Xbox One.
Software and Services - News
Google offered to pay US$200,000 to any researcher who could remotely hack into an Android device by knowing only the victim's phone number and email address, but no one stepped up to the challenge for six months.
In a post on its Android developers blog, Google urges developers to tune their apps for the new 18:9 ratio screens on the LG G6 and the Galaxy S8.
Gaming, inking, e-reading, and even privacy all get a boost in this new version of WIndows 10.
Alexa is fantastic on the Amazon Echo. Now that you can get it on iPhone and at least one Android phone, how does it compare?
Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update is missing key features promised when it was unveiled, including Windows Capture 3D, mixed-reality devices, Xbox Arenas, and more.
Developers of the popular LastPass password manager are working to fix a serious vulnerability that could allow malicious websites to steal user passwords or to infect computers with malware.
Vivint, Wink, and 11 other other brands add ‘OK Google’ to their vocabularies.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
The Razer Blade Pro's THX certification applies only to its 4K IGZO screen and its headphone jack—but hey, it's still the first!
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Microsoft has delayed the release of its tools for connecting other services to the Cortana virtual assistant, a decision that could cause it to lose ground in a crowded industry.
Samsung revealed Monday that Bixby, an intelligent voice assistant, will run on the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone being unveiled next week.
Two teams of researchers managed to win the biggest bounties at this year's Pwn2Own hacking contest by escaping from the VMware Workstation virtual machine and executing code on the host operating system.
Network World editors Keith Shaw and Brandon Butler compete against each other to see who can recite more digits of Pi in honor of Pi Day. Which editor wins and gets to put a pie in the face of the loser?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- CCICT TrainerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTSAP HANA Data Modelling ConsultantsACT
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- CCDevOps Engineer/ AdministratorQLD
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther