Long popular with bloggers, the open-source <a href="http://wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> blogging software is also starting to find a niche as a low-cost corporate CMS (content management system), at least for managing relatively simple Web sites.
Software and Services - News
Google will begin on Thursday a public test of a Blogger layout customization tool that the company says significantly broadens publishers' ability to modify the look of their blogs.
Opera has released a beta version of its Mini 5 Web browser for Android-based smartphones, the company said on Thursday.
Google's new Apps Marketplace could give a significant boost to Web-based communication and collaboration software for businesses by creating a wide-ranging yet integrated virtual suite of heterogeneous cloud applications.
Google will launch on Tuesday evening Google Apps Marketplace, providing a venue for third-party, cloud-based applications to supplement Google's own online applications.
Jim Thomas said no to Windows Vista -- but Windows 7 is an entirely different matter.
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has awarded the 2009 A.M. Turing Award to Charles P. Thacker, for his work in pioneering the networked personal computer.
A number of former Sun Microsystems employees who worked on Drizzle, an offshoot of the MySQL open-source database, have ended up at cloud infrastructure provider Rackspace, where they will continue their efforts, developer Jay Pipes wrote in a blog ...
Even though Microsoft has dropped a plan to wait nearly two years after Windows 7's launch to issue a first service pack, it won't deliver the update before the fourth quarter of this year, a site that has accurately predicted past Windows timetables...
Responding to reports last week that its European ballot screen was not truly randomizing the positions of the top five browsers, Microsoft today said it has changed the algorithm that shuffles the spots.
Thinking about purchasing Microsoft Office, but you want to wait until Office 2010 comes out of beta? Don't bother; just pick up a copy of Office 2007 between now and September 30, and you'll be eligible to get a free upgrade to Office 2010, thanks t...
MIT has expanded the footprint of its Media Lab with a new US$90 million, 163,000-square-foot modern building.
Filling a position left open since 2008, former Novell CTO Jeffrey Jaffe has taken on the role of chief executive officer for the <a href="http://www.w3.org/">W3C</a> (World Wide Web Consortium).
A mobile phone with Google's Android operating system that was delayed in China will now ship next week, in the latest sign that Android has gone largely unscathed by a row between Google and the Chinese government.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgrammer AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- TPProgram ManagerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- FTWeb Designer | DeveloperSA
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FTSenior Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- TPDigital/Application ArchitectNSW
- TPWin10 Deployment OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - Python, Perl, LinuxOther
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCTechnical business supportNSW