Microsoft has delayed the release of its tools for connecting other services to the Cortana virtual assistant, a decision that could cause it to lose ground in a crowded industry.
Software and Services - News
Samsung revealed Monday that Bixby, an intelligent voice assistant, will run on the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone being unveiled next week.
Two teams of researchers managed to win the biggest bounties at this year's Pwn2Own hacking contest by escaping from the VMware Workstation virtual machine and executing code on the host operating system.
Network World editors Keith Shaw and Brandon Butler compete against each other to see who can recite more digits of Pi in honor of Pi Day. Which editor wins and gets to put a pie in the face of the loser?
The number of websites supporting HTTPS has skyrocketed over the past year and there are many benefits for turning on encryption on your website today.
Escape from Veep, Silicon Valley, and Game of Thrones in the HBO Experience at South by Southwest. They aren't easy!
Fans of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep were delighted by HBO’s clever SXSW installation.
Microsoft's extended support for Windows Vista runs out on April 11, and that's probably a good thing.
Panasonic’s home-fermenting machine, DIY dry-cleaner, and ambient media player are just concepts for now, but the company is using SXSW to figure out which one to make first.
Microsoft gave its Cortana app for iOS a facelift Friday, replacing its old black and blue aesthetic with a new look that puts the assistant’s key features at users’ fingertips.
Anyone with a Plex Pass subscription can now get at their media libraries from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive (personal) with Plex Cloud.
Hidden in the code for the latest version of the YouTube Kids app is a reference to Family Link, which would let parents block videos and change settings remotely.
WikiLeaks has attracted plenty of haters over its controversial disclosures. But the site may be in a unique position to help tech vendors better secure their products
Google is expanding its contextual Neural Machine Translation to Hindi, Russian, and Vietnamese, with more languages on the way.
Google's voice-activated Assistant can finally read and interact with our text messages on our phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystWA
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectOther
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSOE ArchitectQLD
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTCustomer Support OperatorSA
- FTProject Support OfficerSA
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCMid-Senior Project OfficerNSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSAP Payroll SMEOther