Central Desktop has redesigned the user interface and increased the file-viewing capacity of its hosted collaboration suite for small and medium-size businesses and enterprise departments.
Software and Services - News
In an open letter to Google, the Free Software Foundation has urged Google to open source a video codec that it acquired in its purchase of On2, completed Monday.
Google has finished its acquisition of video-compression-technology vendor On2 Technologies, boosting its efforts in online video.
I've been a keyboard shortcut fan for a long time. Sure, icons and eye candy have their place -- I'd rather double-click an icon than, say, type run c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\Winword.exe. On the other hand, I'd sure rather click a f...
Most Windows 7 PCs max out their memory, resulting in performance bottlenecks, a researcher said today.
The Microsoft executive who managed the company's Trustworthy Computing security program has left for a new role at Amazon.
Some Mac users blasted Microsoft's plan to "ribbonize" the next version of Office for the Mac, while others -- many of whom said they also use the productivity suite on Windows -- defended the move.
The latest version of OpenOffice fixes several vulnerabilities that could cause a computer to become compromised by a remote attacker.
The open source engine that forms the basis for Google's Chrome has spawned an ostensibly new browser, Comodo's cleverly named 'Dragon'.
Google will soon add the capability to play Flash videos to its Android mobile phone OS, Google product manager Eric Tseng announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Macworld Expo without Apple is a smaller, lower-key affair, but that hasn't kept Apple enthusiasts from attending the show. The show floor is as packed with attendees as ever, despite Apple's absence. And in a sense, the lack of Apple isn't such a ba...
The Internet advocate who blasted Microsoft in 2006 over the daily "phone home" habits of its anti-piracy software took the company to task again today for a new practice that will examine consumers' Windows 7 PCs every 90 days to make sure they're r...
A hard-to-detect rootkit may be causing Windows XP systems to crash following Microsoft's latest security updates.
Skyfire plans to extend its browser to the Android mobile platform after acquiring Kolbysoft, the maker of the Steel browser interface for Android.
Microsoft today said it will soon feed Windows 7 users an update that detects illegal copies installed using more than 70 different activation cracks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst | 12 month fixed term contractQLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther