Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer bragged up Windows 7 success last night in his keynote speech at CES.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft on Wednesday posted an update for Word 2007 that ditches the custom XML tagging technology a federal court banned the company from including in its software after Jan. 10.
An Italian consumers association is set to mount a class-action lawsuit to obtain compensation for customers who buy PCs with preinstalled Microsoft software but who prefer not to use the Windows OS, the association's president announced Tuesday.
A volunteer-led project to create an open-source map of the entire earth, called OpenStreetMap, has amassed over 200,000 contributors since its inception, the founder announced in a blog entry.
Mozilla yesterday fixed a flaw in Firefox's upgrade mechanism that's prevented many users from migrating to the newer version 3.5.
Next week, Adobe Systems will begin testing new automatic software designed to make it easier for Reader and Acrobat users to keep their products up-to-date.
Microsoft today disclosed retail prices for Office 2010, and said it has no plans to offer "upgrade" editions -- the discounted versions for users who already have an earlier edition on their PCs. The move will effectively raise the price for many us...
Microsoft has already prepared Windows 7 with code to let users download the new operating system's first service pack, a prominent blogger reported last weekend.
A patent application filed in February and released to the public this week reveals Google's attempt to build games on top of digital videos using an interactive annotation system.
Microsoft's Windows resumed its usual losing form last month as the operating system's usage share dropped by about a third of a point even as the new Windows 7 posted a second straight month of impressive gains, Web metrics firm Net Applications sai...
Interest in Google's Chrome OS is heating up with the emergence of new rumors about specs for an upcoming netbook. The device would supposedly have a 10.1 TFT HD-ready multitouch display; 2GB RAM; and WiFi, Bluetooth, and 3G connectivity. As if that...
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
Twitter has enhanced geolocation services provided on its messaging service by buying Mixer Labs, the company said on Wednesday.
Let's give Tapulous props where they're due: US$1 million in monthly sales from the iPhone's App Store is a staggering feat, especially when the marketplace is filled with more than 100,000 other choices. But claims that business is booming and that ...
Microsoft recently filed a patent for a dynamic game avatar system that limits avatar or even gameplay options based on a user's physiological data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTSOA DeveloperOther
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCAssistant Director - National Contact CentreVIC
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystVIC
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- FTFinance Manager / Finance Lead - CPA qualifiedOther
- CCIT Security and Risk ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java LeadVIC