Microsoft has made the delayed My People experience part of its recent Windows 10 Insider build, putting your best friends as close as your taskbar.
Software and Services - News
The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
Microsoft reveals when Redstone 3 will ship—as well as every Windows feature update beyond that—as part of its new semiannual schedule for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus.
A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
How many virtual assistants can you fit in one smartphone? European network operator Orange is hoping there's room to squeeze in one more, called Djingo.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Boost your productivity with recurring reminders, voice control of your PC and apps, and more.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
Microsoft has taken the wraps off its Wunderlust successor, an overly simple task managing app called To-Do.
SnapLogic wants to make it easier for users of its enterprise software integration platform to connect components of their business systems. The company unveiled a new feature on Tuesday that uses machine learning to suggest what users may want to do...
Signing into your Microsoft Account with Microsoft's Authenticator isn't necessarily faster than entering a password, but it is easier.
A feature available for Windows 10 Insiders could extend your battery life by about 10 percent, Microsoft claims.
New intelligence can be added to mobile devices like the iPhone, Android devices, and low-power computers like Raspberry Pi with Facebook's new open-source Caffe2 deep-learning framework.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTRAN SMEOther
- CCFront End Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerOther
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst TechnicalQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW