The number of websites supporting HTTPS has skyrocketed over the past year and there are many benefits for turning on encryption on your website today.
Software and Services - News
Escape from Veep, Silicon Valley, and Game of Thrones in the HBO Experience at South by Southwest. They aren't easy!
Fans of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep were delighted by HBO’s clever SXSW installation.
Microsoft's extended support for Windows Vista runs out on April 11, and that's probably a good thing.
Panasonic’s home-fermenting machine, DIY dry-cleaner, and ambient media player are just concepts for now, but the company is using SXSW to figure out which one to make first.
Microsoft gave its Cortana app for iOS a facelift Friday, replacing its old black and blue aesthetic with a new look that puts the assistant’s key features at users’ fingertips.
Anyone with a Plex Pass subscription can now get at their media libraries from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive (personal) with Plex Cloud.
Hidden in the code for the latest version of the YouTube Kids app is a reference to Family Link, which would let parents block videos and change settings remotely.
WikiLeaks has attracted plenty of haters over its controversial disclosures. But the site may be in a unique position to help tech vendors better secure their products
Google is expanding its contextual Neural Machine Translation to Hindi, Russian, and Vietnamese, with more languages on the way.
Google's voice-activated Assistant can finally read and interact with our text messages on our phones.
More than 130 Android apps containing some malicious coding managed to infiltrate the Google Play store, possibly because the developers’ tools that built them were tainted, according to security researchers.
As a new core component of G Suite, Google integrates Keep into Docs, letting you edit and create notes without launching a separate window.
Qualcomm has big plans to bring back ARM to Windows 10 PCs, and there is a chance that its Snapdragon 835 could support Windows Holographic for VR headsets.
Lenovo is working with Amazon to put the Alexa voice assistant in more Moto smartphones, and in the process, looking to depose Google Assistant.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
- Skype's major redesign prioritizes helpful bots and a smart camera over traditional video chats
- All-electric satellites are ushering in zippier in-flight internet access
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther