A day after trumpeting various enhancements to Bing, including the beta version of an improved mapping service, Microsoft had to apologise for a widespread outage that kept the search engine offline for about 30 minutes on Thursday evening.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft may have buried a wireless networking feature in Windows 7 Starter, the edition installed on most netbooks, but it did not actually disable the ad hoc wireless feature, as the firm's marketing materials claim, a noted Windows blogger said t...
To make TV commercials far more targeted than anyone has ever dreamed of, <Google and TiVo are now teaming on a deal in the US that gives companies buying ads through Google's TV Ads division access to "second-by-second" TV viewing data collected by ...
Google will end Gears, an open-source plug-in project it launched two years ago to allow Web applications to function even when a computer isn't connected to the Internet, according to a statement from the company.
Way outdone by rivals like Hulu and YouTube, Web video service Joost is now in the throes of winding down, only two-and-a-half years after its rollout with very high hopes by Skype co-founders Janius Friis and Niklas Zennstrom.
Google said Tuesday it is changing how it grants access to news stories through its search engine to give publishers more control over how much content people can see for free.
With the breakout success of social gaming in 2009, it should come as no surprise that other social networking sites will try to stake a claim at Facebook's crown. Fellow social site hi5 made a huge move towards challenging the current king by hiring...
Microsoft today denied that its November Windows updates are causing a widespread "black screen" lock-out of users' PCs.
Apple and Mac clone maker Psystar agreed Monday to settle a 17-month lawsuit that will effectively stop Psystar from preinstalling Apple's Mac OS X on the Intel-based computers it sells.
After conquering the search world, Google is now pushing hard to be a major provider of business software, tackling longtime dominator Microsoft over productivity and collaboration apps. But does this company, most famous for free consumer-oriented o...
Users who have moved to Windows 7 gave the new operating system a big thumbs up in a just-released survey, although people upgrading from XP were less enthusiastic than those migrating from Vista.
Google is closing in on a beta for the Mac version of its Chrome browser, according to a list of still-to-be-addressed issues.
Microsoft today confirmed that it is looking into reports that November's security updates have triggered a black screen on some Windows users' PCs.
Microsoft, which has faced criticism for the pricing of its Windows 7 operating system, has announced that it will be conducting a pilot program in Australia for a Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. The Family Pack will include licences for up to th...
Research has shown that almost 50,000 editors left online encyclopedia Wikipedia in the first quarter of this year: 10 times the number who deserted the site in the same period of 2008.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTTeam and Project AdministratorQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- FTProject AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- TPNode JS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA