Google I/O may not have revealed any new hardware, but it did introduce a plethora of ways to integrate Google into everything we do.
We take a look at some of Assistant's best new features, and how they'll change the way you use your phone.
Google unveils its plans to expand Google Assistant by pushing it into more devices, and adding new capabilities like payments, the company said at Google I/O.
Amazon is on the verge of disrupting the enterprise videoconferencing and unified communications markets dominated by Cisco and Avaya.
Windows 10 now has about 500 million users, but only a fraction of those have tried Cortana. This doesn't bode well for Microsoft's push into artificial intelligence.
While Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices are manufactured by a single supplier, Microsoft appears to be using a PC-like strategy to create Cortana devices.
The rumors were true, and it looks like the Echo Show will keep Amazon a step ahead of rival smart speakers.
Harman Kardon unveils the first images and description of Invoke, the first smart speaker to be powered by Microsoft's Cortana.
A leaked photo of what is purported to be an Echo with a built-in screen shows a device with a big screen, big bezels, and a giant speaker.
A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
How many virtual assistants can you fit in one smartphone? European network operator Orange is hoping there's room to squeeze in one more, called Djingo.
Boost your productivity with recurring reminders, voice control of your PC and apps, and more.
In a statement ahead of the Galaxy S8's April 21 launch, Samsung has said that Bixby Voice won't be supported in the U.S. until later in the spring.
You will soon be able to use Microsoft's Cortana voice assistant with the Raspberry Pi 3 and make cool devices that can accept voice commands.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
- Amazon's Echo Show could disrupt enterprise-class unified communications
- Windows 10's 500 million users snub Cortana, impacting Microsoft's AI push
- Cortana's coming to your living room via HP, Intel partnerships
- Amazon's Echo Show marries Alexa's smarts with a touchscreen
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication PackagerSA
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD