Apple has just won a Federal Court case which prevents Samsung from selling the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet in Australia in the immediate future. However, if you're an Aussie who desperately wants to get your hands on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 right now...
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Tablets are clearly one of the hottest tech categories in 2011, and the emerging slate market shows no sign of slowing down. Two of the most popular iPad 2 alternatives are the Motorola Xoom, and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Although Apple's iPad continues to dominate the emerging tablet market, there are plenty of alternatives available. Two of the latest to hit the Australian market are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the Acer Iconia A500. Both tablets attempt to add ...
Apple's iPad 2 may be flying off the shelves, but the launch of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (available in September) makes for an interesting battle. Though it's yet another Android tablet, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet is one of the first that will be t...
The tech world was rocked earlier this week when Google announced its purchase of Motorola Mobility, but that was nothing compared with HP's bombshell. HP announced in one fell swoop that it is abandoning both the PC and mobile device markets. PCs wi...
Tablets are the hot tech product of 2011, but most seem to offer very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software. Lenovo is at least attempting something new with its ThinkPad Tablet: it's aimed squarely at business users and ...
Apple's iPad 2 is clearly the market leader, but Samsung has ruffled a few feathers with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet -- so much so that Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and forced Samsung to postpone the launch ev...
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too", but Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Australia.
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we did some probing and were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Austra...
Lenovo may have arrived late to the party, but is it too late? The company better known for its business notebooks and PCs has finally released an Android tablet, the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1.
It seems a new Android tablet is launched or announced almost every week, however most of them are very similar. Two products that are at least trying to offer something different are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet.
The HP TouchPad is HP's answer to Apple's ever conquering iPad 2.
Two of the latest Android "Honeycomb" tablets to hit the Australian market are the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and the unimaginatively named Toshiba Tablet (otherwise known as the AT100 in Australia, and the Toshiba Thrive in other markets).
The tablet market may be still in its relative infancy in Australia, but Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system has given manufacturers a nice building block to start from.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT