There have been rumors of a smaller 7-inch iPad since...well, since the original iPad hit the street. With the launch of the Amazon Kindle Fire, though, followed by the announcement of the Google Nexus 7, speculation has once again reached a fever pi...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Fresh reports that Apple is prepping a launch of a 7- or 8-inch version of its' iPad have surfaced once again. Claims, from the Bloomberg news agency, come about a week after Google launched a $200 7-inch tablet, the Nexus 7.
ASUS has admitted it is uncertain exactly when its flagshipTransformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android tablet will officially release in Australia, while the device will retail at a higher price than initially expected.
Google's Nexus 7 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean tablet will start shipping on 19 July.
Nokia has claimed that the Google Nexus 7 tablet infringes on patents.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet looks like the low-cost, iPad alternative that Android fans have been waiting for, at least on the outside.
Google's latest version of its Android operating system is barely out the door and it's already in a patent controversy.
Google's $199 media and entertainment tablet slays the Amazon rival with pure Android and a Chrome browser
Apple will launch a new 10in iPad this summer, with an indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) panel that will enable the tablet to be thinner and have a longer battery life.
The $60 million Apple paid to a little-known firm for the iPad trademark will let the Cupertino, Calif. company not only start selling its newest tablet there, but also lays the groundwork for an expected smaller iPad this fall, a financial analyst s...
Google's new $199 Nexus 7 tablet takes advantage of Nvidia's Kai reference design, a proprietary technology that allows for a cheaper display and memory components that work in concert with a high-performance quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
ASUS, manufacturer of Google's own-branded Nexus 7 Android tablet, has today announced that the device will be sold through major Australian retail stores.
For the second time in two months, Apple has disputed ownership of a URL associated with its products, this time filing a claim with the World Intellectual Property Organization for the ipad3.com domain.
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
At US$199, Google's Nexus 7 may seem like a tempting tablet, but some potential buyers and analysts say that it lacks hardware features and is a feeble attempt to energize the Android OS in a market dominated by Apple.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD