Apple continues to sell brand-new iPad 2 models, and at a very compelling price. So if you're in the market for a tablet, which one should you buy?
Tablets & eBook readers - News
The first time I saw the new display, I was floored, and after my first session using the new iPad, I was a convert.
Windows will lose its place as the dominant computing platform over the next four years, supplanted by ARM-based devices running Google's Android operating system, according to a report from IDC.
The controversy over Apple's iPad 3 not working on Australian LTE networks may be just one signal of problems ahead for international LTE roaming.
The Asus Transformer Prime is getting a new firmware update to make the popular Android tablet even more versatile and laptop-like.
Apple will offer refunds to people who bought its latest iPad following a claim by Australia's competition regulator that it ran misleading advertisements over the device's 4G connectivity, according to reports.
If you are familiar with Evernote, you know that it's an app and Web service that lets you save and organize notes, PDFs, images, and all kinds of other random bits of data.
Apple's latest iPad has been on sale less than a week and - following the usual round of rave reviews from critics - the company looks headed for controversy as complaints and criticisms mount about Apple's newest tablet.
While the increased resolution of the new iPad's screen is impressive, the colour saturation is also responsible for the display's "wow" factor, according to a new analysis.
Reader Steve Stern has a new iPad and a warmer lap. He writes:
The new iPad generates an extra 10 degrees when compared to the iPad 2, according to tests performed by Dutch site Tweakers.
Apple's new iPad arrived Friday and will almost certainly start showing up in the workplace this week.
It's clear that people are willing to pay for new tablets, but it's also clear that they aren't yet ready to take on the fee for cellular connectivity to it, according to an analyst.
Two years ago, Apple side-swiped the computer industry by releasing the first iPad. Though dismissed by some critics at the time as an overgrown iPhone, the iPad has proved to be just as disruptive to the PC industry as the iPhone was to mobile.
To help you filter through all of the iPad-related headlines floating around the tech press today, we've created a compilation that will keep you up-to-date on the latest developments:
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Marketing Analyst | Immediate startVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC