Windows RT, the spin-off of Windows 8, has been completed and will power ARM processor-equipped tablets and PCs from Asus, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung, according to Microsoft.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Ford dealers now have an iPad app they can use to quickly check available inventory and offer product information to help customers in their showrooms.
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports...
Samsung could face penalties from the U.S. District Court in Northern California after one of its lawyers involved in the patent battle against Apple admitted that she hadn't file the paperwork necessary to practice law in front of the court.
Lenovo is embracing Windows 8 with a made-for-Windows 8 tablet - the ThinkPad Tablet 2 - ready for when the new operating system launches in October and is pitching it for enterprises.
Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release is chock full of sweet features. Perhaps the most attention-grabbing addition of all, though, is a scrumptious little thing called Voice Search.
Few things can make you feel clumsier faster than trying to write or draw with your finger on a tablet screen. You quickly realize that tablets weren't designed to receive finger-based instructions any more precise than scrolling, swiping, or clickin...
Last night Apple aired a new 31-second television “All on iPad” advertisement during the Olympic TV coverage. The ad is similar to the “Do It All” released in June for the third-generation iPad.
One of the world’s largest computer manufacturers, Acer, has attacked Microsoft’s plans to launch its own tablet in October, claiming that the move will be ‘negative for the worldwide ecosystem’ in computing.
ASUS has cited "past experiences" with its Transformer Prime tablet as a reason it will not sell its latest flagship Android tablet -- the Transformer Pad Infinity -- without a keyboard dock in Australia.
The fracas between Apple Google has claimed yet another casualty: When iOS 6 ships this fall, the mobile operating system will for the first time not include a built-in YouTube client.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTSystems Support EngineerOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA