The 10.5in Tab S will be available from $47 for 2.5GB of data per month over a two year contract. However, contracting the tablet on a $52 per month plan results in a monthly data allowance of 4GB -- that’s almost double for just $5 more.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Sales of tablets bucked a three year growth trend by declining 28 per cent during the first half of 2014. The sales downturn was revealed by research firm Telsyte, which also noted Android tablets outsold Apple's iPad for the first time.
While customers can pre-order the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 now from Microsoft's Store, the latest version of Microsoft's slate device will be available to buy from Australian retail stores from 28 August. The outlets included are JB Hi-Fi and Harvey N...
Apple and Samsung are calling it quits on years of litigation in Australia. The legal strife started almost three years ago when Apple obtained an injunction against the sale of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Toshiba’s Encore 2 gives the veteran PC maker a bigger Windows 8.1-based tablet to take to the Aussie market, with the new model sporting a 10.1in screen as opposed to the 8in screen of the original Encore. But the new model seems to makes some compr...
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Aldi is selling a 7in Android tablet designed for children for today only.
Teachers will be able to can create, edit, manage and share course materials with their students directly from Apple’s iPad following an update to its iTunes U software.
Asus is working with Australian telcos to re-enter the local smartphone market by next year. The Taiwanese company plans on bringing its ZenFone range to Australian carriers and retailers, while also increasing its range of Intel-powered tablets and ...
LG tried to steal Samsung’s thunder by revealing the specs of its G Pad tablet range mere hours ahead of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S launch in New York. The marketing stunt barely scathed Samsung as its feature-rich Tab S series overshadowed LG’s drastica...
Samsung's Galaxy Tab S tablets lack standout features to wow customers, a sign that innovation is in short supply in a slowing tablet market that is full of look-alikes.
Samsung today unveiled its flagship tablet product in an event at New York’s Madison Square Garden. The Galaxy Tab S will be available in two sizes, 8.4in and 10.5in, and its biggest drawcard is the use of a Super AMOLED screen.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and one of his top lieutenants today outlined the next iterations of the company's critical iOS and the less-important OS X before enthusiastic developers.
The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)Other
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerOther
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT