As anxious as some are to get a hold of the new Windows RT tablet, there are a few good reasons businesses might think twice.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Acer on Thursday announced a low-cost tablet starting at US$230 with a 7-inch screen and Google's Android 4.1 OS, which is code-named Jelly Bean.
A broad screen, and that keyboard is like something you've never seen
Apple may launch an updated version of the iPad 3 (officially called The New iPad) at the Apple press event next Tuesday (23 October), but a Newer iPad (or iPad 4) isn't expected until mid 2013, and, according to supply chain sources will merely feat...
Less than a day after pre-orders began for Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet, new orders for the $499 model of the device face a shipping delay of up to three weeks.
Microsoft has exhausted its initial supply of the lowest-priced Surface RT tablet, which now is backordered by three weeks.
Buying a Windows RT slate is not going to be as simple as buying an iPad or Android tablet, so before you buy here's a look at five things to consider.
Apple has announced an event on October 23 where it is expected to reveal the hotly-anticipated iPad mini. What can we expect?
Microsoft will offer a two-year warranty with its upcoming Surface RT tablet, it has been revealed.
Microsoft has announced Australian pricing for its upcoming Surface RT tablet and has promised to deliver pre-orders of the device by Tuesday 6 November.
Japan's Sharp said Wednesday it will soon launch a small 7-inch tablet with its new IGZO displays, a week ahead of an Apple press event that is widely expected to reveal a mini tablet also linked to the new power-saving technology.
Microsoft has announced that it is accepting online orders for its ARM-based Surface with Windows RT touch tablet. This is the first Microsoft-designed and -sold mobile device, due to ship on October 26 with the formal launch of Windows 8.
The news that Apple has sent invitations to an event widely believed to be the launch of a miniature iPad has sent the tech world into a powerful and entirely predictable tizzy ahead of Oct. 23.
Microsoft's pricing of its Surface RT tablet was called 'aggressive' by some analysts today, 'mystifying' by others, even as they remained skeptical that it's low enough to make inroads on the dominant player, Apple's iPad.
Prices for Microsoft's Surface RT tablets appear to have been inadvertently posted to the Web this morning and quickly pulled down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW