The waiting game is over. Microsoft's Surface RT tablet makes the leap from hardware cipher to hardware reality. Today I can answer many of the questions the world has been asking since June 18, the day when Microsoft first announced Surface RT, the ...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
It's not the pricing I had hoped for. But, at the same time the price options for the Surface RT tablet are not ridiculous. The pricing of the Surface RT tablet is competitive--not high enough to be dead on arrival, and not low enough to be a slam du...
Apple has issued invitations to an October 23 event in San Jose, California, where it's expected to unveil a smaller tablet, tagged as the "iPad Mini" by most.
Apple on Tuesday extended invites teasing recipients that on Oct. 23 in San Jose "We've got a little more to show you," presumably the iPad mini with a 7.85-inch screen.
Google will reportedly launch a 32GB model of its Nexus 7 tablet.
Apple will host an event on October 26 ostensibly to announce a smaller iPad model. The Apple iPad Mini as it's been dubbed by the rumour mill, is expected to be a 7 or 8-inch sibling of the iPad, designed to compete with smaller tablet rivals.
Reports claim there won't just be one iPad mini – Apple is producing 16 iPad mini models ranging from 8GB to 64GB and priced from £200 (AU$313) to £523.65 (AU$821).
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
An Apple iPad Mini isn't official yet, but one Apple expert says it will happen soon and will be very competitive in the 7-inch space ... as long as the price is right.
The widely expected smaller version of the Apple iPad tablet will have Wi-Fi but not cellular connectivity, according to unnamed sources in a news story about the so-called iPad mini. But it's not clear why that would be the case.
Lenovo had a coming out party in New York Tuesday night for its new family of Windows 8 and RT "multimode" computers.
Microsoft has disavowed comments made by its Czech subsidiary that the company will roll out iOS and Android apps of its Office suite early next year.
iOS 6 has been out for about a month, which has given us time to explore not only its peaks, but valleys as well. In this episode I'm joined by Lex Friedman and contributor Glenn Fleishman to plumb the depths of the latter.
The latest version of Google's Android mobile OS has been released to the Android Open-Source Project, bringing with it several changes that apply to the Nexus 7 tablet - and hint at a new Nexus tablet to come.
Lenovo has announced a new range of Windows 8 and RT hybrid computing devices that can function as tablets or laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCJava webMethods DeveloperWA
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- TPDigital/Application ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTLevel 1 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTNSO DeveloperOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther