Gift cards and wish lists are coming to the Google Play store, according to the Android Police website, whose hackers uncovered code supporting the features in a new update of the store’s application package.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet is now available at major national retailers starting at $500. So far, reviews of the new Samsung slate have been mixed. Critics such as PCWorld’s Melissa Perenson call the Note 10.1 a “solid performer with wide-...
Samsung Australia will open its first official retail store in Australia this month in Sydney, following an invitation sent to the media this morning for an "exclusive preview".
The rumour regarding an iPad mini with a 7in display gained further credibility today with the first genuine-looking photographs of an internal component. In this case the internal dock connector lead. It looks like it may really happen.
Looking to get in on the booming mobile market, social network Pinterest has unveiled mobile apps for its pinboard service.
Hoping to inspire tablet users to create more content with their devices, Samsung introduced a stylus-based tablet, called the Galaxy Note 10.1, which the company touts as more interactive than the market-leading Apple iPad.
HTML5 has won the war with Adobe Flash for mobile devices. As of today, Flash for Android devices won’t available to download anymore from the Google Play store and the company said it has stopped development of Flash for mobile devices.
As the chatter about an iPad Mini reaches a crescendo, new reports suggest that the tablet will look more like an oversized iPod Touch than a smaller iPad.
Everything we know about Apple's iOS 6: All the features in the next update for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
With Apple set to introduce a new iPhone, it will also be updating the operating system (iOS) for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Here's everything we know about iOS 6.
$199? An anonymous “inside source” told Engadget that the Microsoft Surface RT tablet will sell for the amazingly low price of only $199. It would be out of character for Microsoft, but if the pricing is truly that aggressive the Windows tablet could...
New reports suggest that the widely speculated iPad mini will look like a big iPod touch, with thin side bezels, separate volume buttons and a microphone on the back.
Apple dominated the global tablet market last quarter on the back of record sales, a research firm said today, and reclaimed a massive lead over rivals.
Microsoft's Surface for Windows RT tablet will sell for $US199 when it ships on Octpber 26, according to an unnamed source in Engadget report.
Toshiba has confirmed what Microsoft intimated yesterday: It won't be delivering a Windows RT-based tablet anytime soon.
At least four PC makers plan to launch hardware -- not strictly tablets -- running Windows RT, Microsoft says.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW