Two years ago, Apple side-swiped the computer industry by releasing the first iPad. Though dismissed by some critics at the time as an overgrown iPhone, the iPad has proved to be just as disruptive to the PC industry as the iPhone was to mobile.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
To help you filter through all of the iPad-related headlines floating around the tech press today, we've created a compilation that will keep you up-to-date on the latest developments:
Dell is committed to joining the tablet fray once again--this time with Windows 8 tablets aimed at going head-to-head with the Apple iPad.
Apple executives were focusing their attention on the company’s dividend and stock buyback program Monday morning, but they did provide some news about last Friday’s launch of the third-generation iPad.
Tablet users are being let down by poor-performing websites and the companies behind those websites are potentially losing large amounts of cash as a result, according to the results of a survey.
If you're in the market for a new iPad, there's a good chance you'll want a protective case or some other new accessories.
With the launch of Apple's new iPad out of the way, it's time to look ahead to the next big tablet launch on the horizon.
Devotees waiting in line in China, Germany, Australia and U.S.
Everybody's excited about the new Apple iPad 's high-resolution screen. But ultimately, the Retina display is just a pretty face. It can't do anything that the screens on previous models couldn't do.
Apple's OSX isn't exactly a gamer's paradise. But the same can't be said about iOS--especially when it comes to the iPad.
The 2012 refresh of the Apple iPad wows, but not for the reasons so often associated with Apple products.
Taking delivery of any new Apple product is always a joy, and the new iPad is no exception. Apple pays as much attention to the design of its packaging as it does to the product itself.
Congratulations, you've braved the lines, delivery wait times, or in-store negotiations to snag yourself a brand-new iPad.
There are many thousands of apps available. (As Apple's advertising campaign says, "There's an app for that.") But some apps are simply must-haves--whether for their functionality, interface brilliance, or sheer entertainment factor.
Macworld has put the third-generation iPad through its paces over the past few days and now you can find out what we think of it in our full review.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperSA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Officer - Records Management , contract administrationOther
- TPNetwork & System SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW