After a myriad of leaks over the past few weeks, Google's new Nexus 7 was officially unveiled overnight. Retaining the same name as its predecessor, the new 7in tablet features a slightly different design but has a host of upgraded specifications, he...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a low-cost, 7.9in Android tablet that shares many similarities to the Apple iPad mini. There's a few compromises including a below average screen and a thick design, but the Iconia A1 performs reasonably well overall and pro...
It's the most unconventional notebook on the market, but Acer doesn't really want you thinking of it as a notebook. Instead, you should think of it as a home entertainment device that can be used as a tablet, and maybe only sometimes as a normal note...
Sony's new water resistant Xperia Tablet Z is definitely a head turner, with the company claiming it's the thinnest 10in tablet on the market. The Xperia Tablet Z's design is impressive but it also has an excellent screen and good battery life, and i...
The Acer Aspire P3 Windows 8 Ultrabook is predominantly a tablet that is slim, sturdy and feels good to hold. It's got a potent configuration packed in behind its screen, which includes an Intel Core i5 CPU and fast solid state storage. Basically, yo...
With the LG Tab-Book, you get an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid device that is more tablet than it is notebook. Its touchscreen sits above the keyboard and base of the unit, and it springs up to expose the keyboard easier than most other devices that...
The 7in ASUS Fonepad adds smartphone calling capabilities to a traditional tablet form factor. It's a reasonable tablet overall but is just too large to be used effectively as a smartphone and also lacks 4G connectivity.
Despite retaining many of the aspects that made the larger version one of the best keyboard accessories on the market, the Ultrathin Keyboard mini is just too small to comfortably type on for long periods.
ASUS has unveiled its new Transformer Pad Infinity, a top of the line Android tablet with a 10.1in 2560x1600 IPS screen. It's an upgrade to last year's model with the same name and also has the ability to output 4K content via a HDMI port.
The ASUS MeMo Pad HD 7 is a very similar device to the Nexus 7 but with the addition of a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera. It will become one of the cheapest tablets on the market.
HP is back in the tablet game with the Slate 7. It's a low-priced 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers. The Slate 7's competitive price tag makes it worth an initial look, but looks can be deceiving as it's let down by an extremely ordin...
Standzout's $100 Standzfree Telescoping Floor Stand for iPad is a tall, upright stand that lets you get your iPad off your desk or table and position it virtually anyplace in your home or office.
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a 7.9in Android tablet that will compete directly against Apple's iPad mini for a low $249 asking price.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a low-cost device with predictable specifications but it hardly seems like much of an upgrade over the previous model.
The Metalbox MP10 is a run-of-the-mill, 10.1in tablet that has a relatively low price point. You can buy this thing for $199, and while it isn't blazing fast, it's a very good unit for browsing the Web, watching videos and communicating online. It's ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork Performance TesterNSW
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTTech LeadOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther