The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix is one of the best examples of a Windows 8 tablet that can also be used capably as a Windows 8 laptop. The tablet is excellent in its own right, but when you add the keyboard dock, the Helix feels close to being a regular la...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered 'S Pen' stylus which can be genuinely useful. However, its expensive price tag and a design that's starting to show its age are letdowns.
The e-book market is only getting bigger, with more and more readers choosing to buy their books digitally every year. Amazon is the company to beat, with the one-two punch of a massive online repository and some of the best e-readers available. Kobo...
If you're worried about dropping your iPad mini, you may want to invest in a heavy-duty, shock-absorbing case such as Cygnett's $40 Workmate. This hard shell case is made of two different materials--a harder, impact-resistant plastic, and a softer, s...
HP's ElitePad 900 is a Windows 8-based tablet that's aimed primarily at business customers. It's a small device that's very light and easy to handle, and if looks count, then it's quite stylish, too. But it lacks built-in ports, and its Intel Atom CP...
Acer's Iconia W700 is the type of tablet you should buy if you're concerned about performance. It's an 11.6-inch tablet with a Core i5 CPU on the inside, and it performs very well as a device for viewing video and browsing media-rich Web pages. Add a...
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
Moshi’s $30 Origo is a silicone soft-shell case for the iPad that features a honeycomb design on the inside designed for maximum shock absorption with minimal weight.
It’s no secret that we’ve been keenly waiting for the Surface Pro since it was first announced in June 2012. We know that it's coming to Australia, but we just don’t know exactly when. With that in mind, we’ve got hold of a 64GB version of the Surfac...
The Kogan Agora Mini 8 is one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. It offers reasonably good performance and runs most apps without issues but its poor quality screen and case design detracts from its overall appeal.
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of a wacky idea. Its latest device challenges the definition of a tablet by morphing smartphone calling capabilities into a traditional slate form factor. The ASUS Fonepad is a 7in...
The ASUS MeMO Pad is a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for $50 less than the Nexus 7 when it launches Down Under in "early March".
HP is back in the tablet game. Now an official Android partner, the company has just debuted the HP Slate 7, a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen, includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen' and can even make regular voice calls just like a smartphone.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC 500T (XE500T1C-A01AU) is an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid laptop that's similar in form and function to the ASUS VivoTab 810 and HP Envy X2 hybrid models we've already reviewed. It's an Intel Atom-based tablet that can be eas...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW