The ongoing launch period of Windows 8 has brought about a renaissance in small form factor computing. Over the last few months, we’ve seen Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets in a variety of innovative designs, most notably the keyboard-dockable-tablet...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Kensington's KeyFolio Expert for iPad provides reasonable protection and features a stand that can prop up your iPad at various angles. However, small keys hinder the overall typing experience.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T (XE700T1C-A02AU) is a Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard dock. It can be used either as a stand-alone tablet, or as a notebook if you need to do lots of typing.
The 10.1in Xperia Tablet Z has a 1920x1200 display and is just 6.9mm thick, making it thinner than the Apple iPad mini.
The Kobo Arc is an Android tablet with a 7-inch, 1280x800pixel IPS LCD screen, coming from e-book and e-reader e-retailer Kobo. It’s a huge upgrade from the mediocre Vox tablet, with much more up-to-date hardware, software, and a well-implemented mul...
The Samsung-manufactured Nexus 10 is a thin and lightweight device with an exceptional screen and a competitive price. It's only let down by a lack of expandable memory and the fact there's not enough third-party apps optimised for the larger screen ...
The unimaginatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest. It's a solid product that provides reasonable value for money and is only really let down by a less than average display and awful quality cam...
While the idea of the detachable keyboard dock remains innovative, the ASUS Vivo Tab RT has build quality issues, a cramped physical keyboard and the Windows RT platform is limited and often frustrating.
Microsoft has created a wonderful tablet in the Surface RT. It feels well made, it's light, it's highly usable and it contains things that many tablet users have considered to be essential elements for a great overall user experience, such as a built...
Apple's new 4th Generation iPad is an iterative upgrade that should only interest those who don't already own a 3rd Generation model.
The iPad mini's exceptional iOS app catalogue, outstanding build quality and super light weight are only let down by an expensive price tag and a screen that can't match Apple's stellar retina displays.
Kobo’s Glo is the company’s first e-reader with integrated ComfortLight front-lighting, letting you use the screen in the dark without a bulky external LED lamp. It’s a very refined and exceedingly simple device, coming as close to a seamless book-bu...
Google has unveiled its first 10in Nexus tablet, simply called the Nexus 10. Manufactured by Samsung, the key feature of the Nexus 10 is an impressive PLS screen with a resolution of 2560x1600.
The creatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is exactly that, a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest 4G tablet.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperACT
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- CCDigital Business Analyst AgileQLD