Cassandra has spent over 10 years perfecting her art of shooting models in iconic and beautiful locations around the world. She is currently a contracted photographer for Playboy. I researched her photography, for, uh, work purposes...
On Monday, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission killed a plan to allow mobile phone calls during commercial airline flights.
For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts and St Tropez and instead I flew back to a city I hadn't lived in for over 15 years. Back to little old Auckland. It’s all a learning curve, right?
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
While Japan is certainly no cheap place to buy electronics there are a couple of reasons why you might want to consider purchasing photography equipment while visiting Tokyo, not least of which is the sheer organisation of the second hand market alongside tax free shopping for visitors.
Tokyo is home to many fascinating temples and shrines however if you want to visit a shrine with a difference head on over to Akihabara’s Kando Myojin Shrine. Not only is it one of the Shinto religion’s most important temples - and stunningly beautiful - it also a special place for the tech crowd and the anime enthusiasts. The temple has embraced these more modern elements alongside the traditional making it utterly unique.
Most people perceive Japan as being at the cutting edge of technology. It comes as a surprise then to many visitors that the WiFi coverage is patchy and getting a full prepaid mobile service is nigh on impossible. Even just sorting out mobile data packages can be remarkably complicated.
The Wiwander is a portable mobile hotspot that comes preconfigured to work across various Asian countries. You connect to it via WiFi and it provides internet access over the local mobile phone network.
We all love the feeling of preparing a holiday from packing a suitcase to jumping into a plane and flying to an exotic destination. While it’s so exciting to travel, for most of us, finding the cheapest plane ticket is a priority.
One of the crew on my boat was showing off his snazzy travel hoodie last weekend. Unlike regular hoodies this one came with an inbuilt neck pillow, a pen attached to the zip, inside pockets to fit passports and travel documents and a hole to keep earphones attached.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US FCC kills plan to allow mobile phone conversations on flights
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW