Sony’s new 2017 TVs are out and at first glance they’re impressive. But the TV market has changed dramatically in the past year ...
Last year, buying a TV was simple. The best TVs on the market came from LG’s 4K OLED range but if you couldn’t afford that you bought a Hisense Series 7. Easy. Things are getting a bit more complex this year...
After 40 critical vulnerabilities on Samsung's Tizen -- used in smart TVs and smartwatches -- were exposed this week by Israeli researcher Amihai Neiderman, the company is scrambling to patch them.
We visited a mansion hosting all of LG's new 2017 TVs and got to grips with what to expect.
Few companies seem to make more effort with its TVs than Samsung. The company has become the mass market king of TVs sitting atop an apex kept warm by Sony for so many years. And so it must have been galling to watch the likes of Hisense and LG swan in with cheaper and superior models in recent times and disrupting the market so utterly.
Last night we had our first look at Samsung’s new TV range. Few won’t have been impressed. The colour performance is stunning and rivals LG’s OLED TVs. The motion smoothing is also nothing-short-of-amazing.
Our first look at the products Sony announced at CES reveals additional details and impresses us anew.
It may not persuade home theater geeks, but Sony’s “actuator” tech, which turns the entire OLED panel into a speaker, is impressive.
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016.
LG announced these flat, curved and 4K TVs back at CES last January and it even started selling them this year. But it hasn’t given them out to reviewers… until now. We think that quite a shame as they’ve missed a trick here. We knew these TVs were good as they’ve always been good, but now we’ve given them a proper workout, it’s hard to fault them.
Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Panasonic's latest 4K UHD smart TV is the best overall TV we've tested so far. But it's not by much and it's very expensive indeed!
A curved screen? Meh. But HDR and quantum dots result in an LCD TV that gives uber-expensive OLED technology a run for its money.
Good Gear Guide Editor talks to Matt Summerill on 2UE's Smart Shopper radio show
The fourth-gen Apple TV with tvOS, App Store, and Siri remote is Apple's priority.
Which are the best TVs that you can buy?
Which TVs do the public like best?
These are the best cheap TVs that you can buy from the last 12 months.
These are the best plasma TVs you can buy from the last 12 months.
4 lucky winners will be selected from a pool of all eligible entries and take home one of the following prizes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTDatabase AdministraotrOther
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTProject OfficerOther
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW