After 40 critical vulnerabilities on Samsung's Tizen -- used in smart TVs and smartwatches -- were exposed this week by Israeli researcher Amihai Neiderman, the company is scrambling to patch them.
We visited a mansion hosting all of LG's new 2017 TVs and got to grips with what to expect.
Few companies seem to make more effort with its TVs than Samsung. The company has become the mass market king of TVs sitting atop an apex kept warm by Sony for so many years. And so it must have been galling to watch the likes of Hisense and LG swan in with cheaper and superior models in recent times and disrupting the market so utterly.
Last night we had our first look at Samsung’s new TV range. Few won’t have been impressed. The colour performance is stunning and rivals LG’s OLED TVs. The motion smoothing is also nothing-short-of-amazing.
Our first look at the products Sony announced at CES reveals additional details and impresses us anew.
It may not persuade home theater geeks, but Sony’s “actuator” tech, which turns the entire OLED panel into a speaker, is impressive.
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016.
LG announced these flat, curved and 4K TVs back at CES last January and it even started selling them this year. But it hasn’t given them out to reviewers… until now. We think that quite a shame as they’ve missed a trick here. We knew these TVs were good as they’ve always been good, but now we’ve given them a proper workout, it’s hard to fault them.
Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Panasonic's latest 4K UHD smart TV is the best overall TV we've tested so far. But it's not by much and it's very expensive indeed!
A curved screen? Meh. But HDR and quantum dots result in an LCD TV that gives uber-expensive OLED technology a run for its money.
Good Gear Guide Editor talks to Matt Summerill on 2UE's Smart Shopper radio show
The fourth-gen Apple TV with tvOS, App Store, and Siri remote is Apple's priority.
If you've bought a 4K television and are disappointed at the lack of content, this might not ease your frustration: Japan has is fast on the way to 8K TV broadcasting with a full service due in the next four years.
Japanese public broadcaster NHK has developed a prototype 8K screen that's large, thin and shows an amazing picture.
Which are the best TVs that you can buy?
Which TVs do the public like best?
These are the best cheap TVs that you can buy from the last 12 months.
These are the best plasma TVs you can buy from the last 12 months.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW