Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
TVs - Features
Plasma and LCD TVs have dropped in price massively over the past few years.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
At the moment, save for the Sony XEL-1, all modern television screens use plasma or LCD technology to produce colours and create a picture. While these technologies serve their purpose reasonably well -- just like CRT did before them -- they are like...
So your dad’s a crack shot with a remote control? Is he the only one in the house with the precious know-how to get your set-top box to record correctly? If he’s memorised the times and channels of all the footy, soccer and racing in the TV guide, pe...
Cheap TVs, new GPS devices and bargain Wi-Fi routers
When it comes to choosing a top-of-the-range television, you can choose between the tried-and-tested technology of plasma televisions and the newer innovations of LED-backlit LCD panels.
For some time now, televisions have been moving away from simply displaying content delivered to them by a digital tuner, Blu-ray disc player or home theatre PC. An increasing number of TVs on the market from brands like Sony, Samsung and LG have ext...
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
Free LCD TVs, laptops for less than $300, bargain iPhone plans, cheap laser printers and more in our update of hot deals! Hurry some offers end July 31!
Half-price multifunction printers, free Nintendo Wiis and a new iPhone in our update of hot deals! Some end June 30,2009 -- so don't miss out.
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nikon camera, a cheap mobile phone plan, a Canon Legria HF20 camcorder at a reduced price and a 46in Samsung LCD television with a free 22in LCD!
Today about 1700 television stations across the United States will make the switch from analog to digital signals. The switch follows a year of heavy advertising, exhaustive reporting, local programs to help elderly residents deal with the switch, an...
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nokia smartphone, an HP netbook for under $500 and a 200Hz 40in Sony Bravia LCD television for less than $2900!
Flat-screen televisions using LED technology are becoming more common. But compared to plasma and standard LCD TVs, what are the advantages of an LCD TV with LED backlighting -- or LED television -- and how do they differ to other televisions?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW