Shortages of the Apple TV are being reported across the country, fueling speculation that Apple will reveal a new Apple TV at its media event this week.
TVs - News
Group-buying deals site Catch Of The Day has an enticing deal today: a 55in Samsung Series 7 LED TV usually priced at $3799, on sale for only $1999.
In all likelihood, Apple's media event on March 7 will introduce a new iPad. We've even speculated what we might expect from next week's event.
A patent filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office last fall shows that Google is creating a Siri-like voice interface for controlling television via Android phones.
When Apple released Lion (OS X 10.7), Mail received its biggest overhaul ever, gaining many new and noteworthy features. The changes to Mail in Mountain Lion are more subtle, though there are some nice improvements--along with one significant omissio...
Independent British broadcaster ITV has reportedly written to Apple to request that it doesn't use the name 'iTV' for its expected connected TV set.
Reports about Apple's expected television set continue unabated with a new claim that Apple is talking to Canadian telecoms Rogers Communications Inc. and Bell Canada Enterprises about a possible TV set deal. The talks appear so serious that Bell and...
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is collaborating with US company Brightcove to bring improvements to the iView video on demand service, including adaptive bit-rate streaming to accommodate low-bandwidth connections and low-powered devic...
I just fell in love with a TV. Unfortunately, it will probably cost around $10,000, so our cohabitation plans are unlikely to come to fruition.
In a comparatively low-key announcement -- none of the glitz and glamour and space-themed music of Samsung’s OLED announcement -- LG told the world that its OLED TV and Ultra Definition TV panels, in 55in and 84in sizes respectively, would be availab...
Samsung is the first big manufacturer at CES 2012 to publicly show off an OLED TV, with today's announcement of the 'Super OLED TV': a 55in screen with supposedly high-end picture quality and some innovative features.
Lenovo on Sunday announced its first smart TV that will recognize voice commands and run Android 4.0 applications, getting a jump over Apple's rumored pursuit of TVs with advanced features.
Among our readers, at least, LG seems to have emerged as the brand to beat in the high-definition television market. Readers gave LG sets high marks for ease of use and reliability (along with Panasonic), as well as for features such as connection po...
2011 was an interesting, if uninspiring year, for the global and Australian television markets: more 3D TVs (and fewer 3D broadcasts), more video and movies on demand, more superfluous features, and not a great deal else. We’re tipping 2012 to be at ...
We found out about Oakley's GASCAN 3D glasses when LG announced a collaboration between the two companies, and we were immediately dubious.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFiori ConsultantNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW