Australians are increasingly using their computers for watching movies and TV, playing games and listening to music.
TVs - News
A report released by Canon has shown that the television market is stronger than ever, with sales rising and viewers spending more time in front of the screen each day.
Toshiba is readying two 3D televisions that can produce images with the illusion of depth but don't require the user to wear glasses, it said Monday. It will launch the televisions in Japan in December. By dispensing with glasses, the TVs answer a ke...
The jailbreaking of Apple TV, days after shipping, is no surprise. The real delight will come in the weeks and months ahead, as hackers and developers start figuring out what to do with Apple's liberated set-top box.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Toshiba will unveil a 3D TV on Monday that doesn't require the viewer to wear glasses.
Pay TV operator Foxtel today announced that it would launch what it claimed was Australia's first 3D channel on 1 November, along with four new high definition channels.
You can jailbreak your iPhone, your iPod Touch, and your iPad, but what about your brand new Apple TV?
The Nine Network will launch a third free-to-air digital television channel called GEM, scheduled to begin broadcasting a day after Seven's launch of 7Mate.
Mitsubishi Electric will begin selling this month a modular display that can be built to almost any size by combining square display blocks. The screen is based on OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology and is intended for advertising and pub...
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Sony plans to end manufacturing of televisions in Europe this year and will sell its TV manufacturing plant in Spain to two local companies, it said Tuesday. The move, which is part of Sony's ongoing restructuring, will increase the company's relianc...
Google CEO Eric Schmidt said Tuesday that the company will launch its TV service in the U.S. this fall.
As part of recent a demonstration of Google TV, Eric Schmidt said something that would probably make Steve Jobs cringe.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security DomainVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- FTTest ManagerWA
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTProgram Learning Capability Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW