Of those lucky football fans who are able to follow the World Cup 2010 at work, 16.5 percent are streaming TV coverage over the web, according to a PC Advisor UK poll.
TVs - News
A group of chip makers including IBM, Samsung Electronics and Texas Instruments on Thursday unveiled Linaro, a new software-engineering foundation dedicated to improving Linux distributions, including Android, MeeGo and Ubuntu, used in consumer devic...
Apple's success in mobile devices like the iPhone and iPad could spill over into the TV segment if the company decides to make a push for devices with larger screens, analysts said on Friday.
Consumers will likely see 3D LCD TVs that don't require people to wear polarized glasses out on global markets by 2015, according to a Taiwanese research group that showed off an early version of such a device this week.
Subscription TV provider FetchTV has announced prices for its video on demand service. Subscribers to the upcoming $30 per month service will gain access to all Australian digital free-to-air channels, as well as a selection of subscription TV conten...
The Nine Network is using Ericsson technology to run the behind-the-scenes 3D video processing at tonight’s State of Origin match. The 3D broadcast is a world first on free-to-air TV, and Nine has chosen Ericsson for its experience in the still-devel...
The 3D TV era starts tonight with the broadcast of the Socceroos' farewell football match against the New Zealand All Whites.
Soon, we will be watching the culmination of six years of ABC's drama Lost. After so many twists and turns in the plot, you would have thought that nobody is keeping count anymore.
Intel hopes to establish a larger presence in TVs and set-top boxes with the Google TV platform, but the company has to overcome major hurdles including past failures and pricing concerns, analysts said.
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Google may be getting ready to launch its fabled Google TV set-top box during the company's Google I/O developer conference on Thursday, according to the latest rumors. The search giant may also make an Android announcement, possibly introducing Andr...
Australian Xbox 360 owners will be able to receive Foxtel television via Xbox Live thanks to new service unveiled today.
The big-screen HDTV is looking more like an oversized smartphone every day--only without the mobility. Not only are Internet-enabled models that run Web applications becoming commonplace, but HDTV apps stores from top manufacturers like Samsung are ...
From 1am on Thursday, Australian PlayStation 3 owners will be able to rent or buy 600 movies using the PlayStation Network. The video-on-demand service was unveiled today by Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
LG has announced a range of promotional offers for purchasers of its 2010 television models. Buying either of LG's 3D TVs -- the LG LX6500 and LG LX9500 -- will earn purchasers a '3D Bonus Pack' consisting of a Fujifilm 3D digital camera and two pair...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTPortfolio Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD