The ABC's popular iview video on demand service is now available on iPhones as well as iPads, thanks to a revitalised, universal iOS app.
TVs - News
Australia’s analog TV broadcasts will end quietly on the unceremonious date of 10 December 2013, as the last round of digital TV switchover dates have been announced.
Sony and Panasonic have announced an agreement to collaborate to develop and produce large-sized OLED panels for use in TVs and professional displays.
Sharp Australia is airing a series of television commercials to promote its 70-inch LED TV, and will soon reveal an upcoming 80-inch LED TV. The new Sharp AQUOS LC80LE940X will be the largest TV in Australia when it’s launched in August.
Sony has officially announced the imminent release of its Google TV set-top box in Australia. The ‘Sony Internet Player with Google TV’ will initially be available exclusively as a bundle with premium Sony TVs.
LG’s EM9600 OLED TV will arrive in Australia in October with a $10,000 price tag attached, according to an advertising document sighted by Good Gear Guide.
Toshiba’s 2012 TV line-up sees passive 3D take pride of place in the company’s flagship model, with the previous darling active 3D relegated to cheaper models. Many of Toshiba’s new TVs also feature Wi-Fi Direct and the Toshiba Places Smart TV servic...
Back in April, Ikea announced it was going to produce furniture in its Uppleva range that included a built-in smart TV, speakers and even DVD or Blu-ray players. It's not due in the UK until later this year, but our colleagues at M3 in Sweden have go...
Cut-price electronics manufacturer Kogan has announced a $99 Smart TV dongle. Like the recently unveiled Sony Google TV set-top box, the Kogan gora Smart TV runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Google’s smartphone- and tablet...
Sony is set to release a new Google TV set-top box in Australia which will be the first of its kind to be sold locally. The company has struggled to get traction with its Google TV products in the US, where the app-enabled boxes have proven unpopular...
An upcoming Google TV box based on Android 4.0 OS and an ARM processor will come closer to smartphones and tablets with the capability to play direct movie streams from Android 4.0 mobile devices, a set-top box maker said on Wednesday at the Computex...
Central and southern New South Wales, the Australian Capital Terrority and Murrumbidgee have completed the switchover to digital TV, turning off analog TV signals “forever” this morning.
Apple's expected foray into the crowded television set space could come sooner rather than later, based on the latest buzz about what the consumer electronics powerhouse may be planning.
Apple is planning to show off a new operating system for the Apple TV at the Worldwide Developers Conference, which kicks off 11 June. This new OS will run on the current Apple TV, as well as the HDTV Apple is planning to launch.
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that Apple has “some incredible things coming out,” and spent some time speaking about the television business, but he added that the company would “double down on secrecy on products”.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTPlatform/DevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - Activation and Assurance - TelcoVIC
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW