TV manufacturer Sharp will sell some of its LCD TVs under the Pioneer brand in the USA and Canada after a deal between the two companies, but Australia will miss out.
TVs - News
Australian online retailer Kogan has drawn the covers off a new set of LED TVs in its online store.
In an otherwise underwhelming keynote speech at this year's CES tradeshow, Microsoft made a play to control the biggest screen in the house.
Having to wear glasses is one of the big drawbacks of current 3D TVs. They can be uncomfortable, they're often expensive, and they make you look like a dork.
World trade authorities have ordered the European Union to scrap tariffs on three types of consumer electronics from Taiwan, Japan and the United States no later than June, ending a 3-year-old trade dispute.
Philips has a solution to the button-laden madness of today's remote controls, and it behaves a lot like the motion controllers of Nintendo's Wii.
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
Mitsubishi expects its 92-inch 3D TV to be the largest consumer television on the market when it launches mid-year -- even if very few consumers can afford it.
The "Avatar effect" that was supposed to make 3D TV so popular last year failed to materialize, but manufacturers, ever optimistic, say a wider selection of films and some modest technology improvements should make 2011 a better year.
Cisco this week unveiled a suite of video products designed to combine digital TV, online content, social media and other communications applications into an all-inclusive home and mobile video session.
Sharp is thinking big with its newest round of HDTVs, led by a whopping 70-inch LED back-lit HDTV.
LG Electronics showed it's serious about 3D in mobile devices on Wednesday, introducing a new 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D screen for mobile devices and a similar prototype 7-inch 3D screen on a mobile TV.
In what may turn out to be a sneak peek of CES 2011 HDTV trends, LG announced the newest entry to their 2011 HDTV lineup--and it's a 3D TV that doesn't use the heavy, expensive active-shutter 3D glasses.
Australia’s transition to digital free-to-air television has continued with analog TV signals permanently switched off this week in regional South Australia and Broken Hill.
Samsung Electronics, the world's largest TV maker, announced the one millionth download of apps aimed at high definition TVs on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW