Soniq's QSL400XT 40in LCD television lacks the LED backlighting and high refresh rates of more expensive TVs from brands like Sony and Samsung. However, given it's one of the cheapest 40in 1080p TVs we've seen, we can't really complain.
TVs - Reviews
The Toshiba Regza 52XV600A is a 52in LCD television with some well-implemented picture enhancement features. Its upscaling and 100Hz motion smoothing modes are among the best we've seen, and its reasonable dynamic contrast ratio makes it a good choic...
Panasonic's TH-L32G10A is a 32in LCD television with a regular CCFL backlight. It’s a small screen but it has high-end features for a non-LED LCD TV.
Sharp announced a new line of Aquos HDTVs, the LE Series, that will add a yellow subpixel to the normal red, green and blue (RGB) colors used in TV pixels.
The LG 47SL90QD is a 47in LED television with a high 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio, a 100Hz image smoothing mode and a "borderless" flat glass design. It outdoes Samsung's edge-lit LED televisions in picture quality, but the design may not be to everyon...
Cornea's 1080PRO is a 37in Full HD LCD television with a 6500:1 dynamic contrast ratio. With a panel produced by LG it has reasonable credentials and can display a good quality picture in the right viewing conditions. It doesn't do too much to stand ...
The Panasonic TH-P54Z1A is a 54in plasma television with an inch-thick chassis, wireless Full HD video streaming and a high quality 1080p panel. It is very expensive but if you're looking for an elegant alternative to a super-thin Samsung LED screen,...
The Panasonic TH-P58V10A is a 58in plasma television with a thin chassis and a great display panel. It may be expensive, but this is about the only downside -- it has great image quality, it's super-slim and can be easily wall mounted, and its power ...
The Celestial LT4268TA is a 42in LCD television with 100Hz image smoothing and multimedia features. Its 1080p (Full HD) display has reasonable but unspectacular image quality.
The Kogan PRO26 is a 26in LCD television with an integrated DVD player and a port for connecting USB drives.
Toshiba's Regza 42RV600A is a 42in LCD television featuring the company's latest suite of image enhancement features. It lacks a 100Hz mode to smooth out fast motion, but apart from this we found the screen to be a good choice for watching high-defin...
The Changhong CHL2643A is a budget 26in LCD television with few standout features. It is competitively priced and its picture quality is good enough for casual viewers.
The Panasonic TH-P50G15A is a well-designed, 50in plasma television offering great picture quality, but its access to Internet sites including YouTube, Picassa and Bloomberg’s stock, business and weather reports wasn't as groundbreaking as we’d antic...
The Samsung LA46B750 packages very good picture quality and excellent sound with and the ability to play media files from USB storage or your networked PC. And it does all that while being a remarkably easy-to-use HDTV.
The Samsung LA40B650 produces great-looking on-screen images, and its home-networking capabilities will keep you entertained when there's nothing good on TV. You can find cheaper 40in HDTVs, but the image quality and the extras make the LA40B650 wort...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther