The Sony XEL-1 is an OLED television with an 11in screen and a price-tag of $7000. While this combination guarantees it will only make it onto the sprawling mahogany desks of ultra-rich executives, there’s little doubt that it has the best picture qu...
TVs - Reviews
The Teac LCD228HDM is a 22in LCD television with a multi-card reader and USB 2.0 port that let you display photos and play videos and music. A range of inputs allows external devices like an HDD recorder or desktop PC to be connected.
Samsung's 46in Series 8 (UA46B8000) LED TV is the most 'complete' television we've seen so far: it offers Internet and network connectivity, multimedia playback features and LED backlighting.
The Panasonic TH-P42S10A is a 42in plasma television with a mid-range feature set. Its screen refresh rate isn’t as high as the slightly more expensive Panasonic TH-P50G10A. Nonetheless its picture quality is good, providing vibrant colours and smoot...
Panasonic's TH-P50G10A is a 50in plasma television that sits near the top of the company's range. A modern design houses a plasma panel with bleeding edge technology and the quality of the picture is exceptional for this price point.
Sony’s Bravia KDL22S5700 is a 22in LCD television that’s stylish, portable and capable. It’s not a Full HD TV, but given its screen size, it doesn’t need to be. Its picture quality is better than we expected.
The Sony Bravia KDL40E4500 is a mid-range LCD television that offers good picture quality rather than great, but the overall package is worth the money.
The Sony Bravia KDL46WE5 LCD TV is the Japanese electronic giant’s latest attempt at an energy-efficient television. But while it has green credentials, it’s not nearly as pretty as other Sony televisions.
LG's 42in 42LH50YD is the company’s first attempt at a 200Hz LCD television. It's a competent panel that offers good motion control. Picture quality is good for the asking price, with vibrant colours and sharp detail.
Panasonic’s Premiere Series plasma televisions, the 50in TH-50VX100W and 65in TH-65VX100W, provide exceptional picture quality. However, installation is more of a hassle than with most TVs. If you’re going to the trouble of setting up a home theatre,...
The 42in Sharp LC42D77X LCD television uses a traditional fluorescent backlight and offers 100Hz motion smoothing. It has good colour accuracy, motion handling and a crisp picture, but the multimedia features other companies are starting to implement...
The Sony Bravia KDL40ZX1 is a Full HD LCD television that uses a high-definition wireless media streamer for delivering video. It is a great demonstration of the direction LCD television technology is taking and it comes highly recommended -- if you ...
The Pioneer KURO PDP-C509A is a 50in television that utilises the ninth and final generation of Pioneer’s KURO plasma panel technology. Despite having a price half that of the company's flagship KURO PDP-LX609A, it delivers almost-peerless picture qu...
The Samsung Series 8 (PS50B850) is a fantastic 50in plasma television. Along with the usual range of in-built multimedia features, plenty of inputs and great design, Samsung’s latest premium plasma television is up there with market leaders in terms ...
The Samsung Series 7 (UA46B7100) 46in LED television is an impressive model in almost all respects. Great picture quality, its design and its integrated features combine to make a TV we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Logistics Consultant - SD/MM/LE/WMOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |WA
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD