Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
TVs - Reviews
The X9400C has an LED-backlit LCD panel that spans 75-inches. It supports ultra high definition (UHD) content with a resolution of 3840x2160, is powered by Sony’s X1 processor and it is backed by the company’s suite of proprietary technologies.
LG’s 55EG960T is a 55-inch television that combines the holy trinity of emerging technologies. Along with its OLED panel, there is an ultra-high-definition (UHD, aka 4K) resolution and a curved form factor.
Firefox is the operating system found on Panasonic’s 2015 televisions, including the CX700A, a 60-inch smart television powered by a quad-core processor. It sits at the premium end of the range and is available as a 50-, 55- and 65-inch set.
The 65UF950T is an LED-backlit LCD television that supports the nascent ultra high definition resolution. Plenty of hype surrounds the UHD standard, as its 3840x2160 resolution crams 8.29 million pixels into a panel -- four times the amount found on ...
The JS9500 is a curved Samsung UHD television offered in 65, 77 and 88-inch variants. It tops Samsung's 2015 range by introducing new nano-crystal technology for improved colours and brightness.
LG is among the first in Australia to offer OLED TVs, and its curved 55-inch variant ranks among the best televisions we’ve tested.
LG introduced the first UHD television in the Australian market, an 84-inch set that carried a $17,999 price-tag. Two years on and the price of UHD has nose-dived, with the 40-inch LG 40UB800T offering the rich resolution at a price south of $1000.
Soniq’s 55in Full HD television is one of the few models of this size that can be purchased for under $1000 ($999, specifically). It’s the type of TV to go for when you want bang for buck as far as picture size is concerned, and if picture quality is...
LG’s 65UB980T is a 65in TV that represents the latest upgrade path for home entertainment and home theatre pursuits: bigger screens with a lot more pixels. This 65in monster has an ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution, and it’s capable of putting o...
Customers interested in buying a Sony Ultra high-definition television will probably end up with one of its X9000B sets. Pricing starts at $4999 for a 55in set, rises to $6999 for a 65in set and reaches $10,999 for one spanning 79in. Those pretty pen...
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
There's a huge lack of 4K or Ultra HD content and pricing is at a premium, but the LG LA9700 remains one of the most impressive TV's on the market.
Kogan is not a company you’d usually expect to stand out from the crowd, but its 55-inch Agora Smart 3D LED TV is unique in that it’s the first TV available in Australia that runs the Android 4.2 operating system.
Sony’s X Series BRAVIAs -- the 55-inch KD-55X9004A, the 65-inch KD-X9004A, and the 84-inch KD-84X900A -- are a trio of Ultra HD TVs, made to compete with the swathe of ultra high-def screens that will become popular in the next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTCitrix Designer / Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- CCJava EngineerNSW
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectWA
- FTICT TrainerOther
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTMobile Studio LeadOther
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Internal Security Consultant - TelcoVIC
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryQLD
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD