The Panasonic VIERA sits in the mid-to-low end of Panasonic’s 2012 television line-up. It’s a passive 3D LED-edge-lit LCD TV, with Smart TV features built-in. It’s cheaper than other Panasonic LED TVs like the WT50A, ET50A and DT50A, and cheaper than...
TVs - Reviews
Panasonic has traditionally pushed its VIERA plasmas as the best of the best, but this year marks a big shift for the Japanese manufacturer -- it’s winding down plasma production and moving towards more efficient and environmentally friendly LED TVs.
The Panasonic VIERA VT50A is the company’s top plasma TV for 2012, although the company is pushing its WT50A LED TV as its overall best model. The VT50A is one step up from the Panasonic ST50A, which will be extremely hard to beat for both value and ...
The new Foxtel Internet TV service, available on Samsung Smart TVs, is a streaming IPTV service that uses your Internet connection instead of a Foxtel cable. It’s much cheaper and more flexible than traditional Foxtel, and still offers a decent chann...
Samsung's Series 7 LED TV is a step down from the range-topping Series 8, but it doesn't make many sacrifices for the $500 saving.
Panasonic has begun a swing away from its mainstay plasmas towards thinner, more power-friendly LED TVs in 2012, although its top television is still a plasma -- but the range-topping VT50A is at least $3799 for the 55-inch, and a painful $5999 for t...
The Panasonic TH-P50ST50A, a 50-inch Full HD 3D-ready plasma, is the second best TV in Panasonic’s 2012 line-up. Although the company is slowly shifting away from plasma to LED (and eventually OLED) technology, the ST50A might prove to be the best va...
Samsung’s latest range of LED and plasma TVs offer incremental upgrades in picture quality and performance, but also include a new and innovative approach to controlling the TV -- voice recognition and motion control. These features, and plenty of ne...
The Sony BRAVIA HX850 is the newest model in Sony’s 2012 TV line-up, and is the second most expensive TV on offer. It’s got a slightly higher price than the comparable Samsung ES7500 and LG LM8600. It has excellent picture quality in both preset and ...
The Kogan 24in Full HD LED TV is, as the name suggests, a Full HD 1080p TV with a 24in screen size. This makes it a good size for a study, bedroom or child’s play room, and it’s very attractively priced as well.
LG has just released its 2012 line-up of LED and plasma TVs, and the LM9600 is the pick of the bunch. It’s a 55in or 47in LED TV with a full array of LEDs arranged as a backlight, allowing local dimming that turns off in dark screen areas and stays b...
The Sony Personal 3D Viewer (HMZ-T1) is a head-mounted display that uses a 720p OLED screen in front of each eye, creating a crosstalk-free 3D effect. It’s somewhat difficult to set up correctly and can be uncomfortable. If you get it right, though, ...
The Panasonic VIERA TH-P50UT30A is the company’s cheapest 3D plasma TV, and its second cheapest 3D TV overall. It’s cheap when you consider that for less than a $1000 (street price) you get a 50in current-generation plasma panel with a 2000000:1 cont...
The Sony BRAVIA EX720 is the cheapest LED TV series in Sony’s lineup that can display 3D video. It has good picture quality specs -- an impressive contrast ratio and 200Hz refresh rate -- but it requires significant picture adjustment to look its bes...
Sharp has been quiet in the TV scene for the last year, after its initial push of Quattron LED TVs. While the company has kept up with most market trends (3D, 200Hz, USB ports) it hasn’t paid much attention to the swathe of video-on-demand and IPTV s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProcurement Officer (GITC)Other
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior CoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCSupply Chain Management Business ArchitectQLD
- CCPalo Alto Network Security ExpertQLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCFunctional Lead - ENUNSW
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- FTOrganisation Change ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD