Intel's WiGig-powered add-on eliminates VR's wires without adding nausea-inducing latency.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
Until a few years ago, virtual reality was among the innovations that seemed too far out of reach for the average consumer.
HP's Omen X Compact Desktop was purely a VR backpack PC in a past life, but for this generation, HP is emphasizing its desktop side.
Computex 2017 has kicked of in Taipei again. This is a major trade show that focuses on all things related to the PC and the components (right down to the silicon chips) and peripherals that are associated with them.
With the release of the new Deluxe Audio Strap, the HTC Vive finally feels like a finished product instead of a glorified developer kit.
HTC will launch a wireless version of the Vive virtual reality headset in early 2018.
The Gear 360 is a cool little $230 camera that's perfect for Galaxy S8 owners who want to shoot 4K video or broadcast live.
Google launched both a new category of cable-free Standalone VR devices, as well as a new Visual Positioning System.
While $300 mixed-reality headsets appear to be the future, Microsoft's older cousin, the HoloLens has some unique advantages.
Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
Microsoft and its partners will debut new mixed-reality controllers to help users navigate through the virtual worlds it's trying to create via Windows 10.
Microsoft appears to have more hardware to announce on May 23, possibly the first low-cost mixed reality headsets and maybe even the first Windows on ARM devices.
View Mixed Reality will bolster Windows 10’s virtual reality chops by letting view augmented reality images through their device screen.
We’ve been toying with the 360 Fly 4K action cam for many months now and it’s looking more and more useful all the time. Not only are Facebook’s 360-degree videos booming in popularity but Virtual Reality videos – as viewed on mobile phones with basic headsets – are too. Creating content for these set-ups (and others) can be an epic palaver and an expensive one at that...
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- Hands-on: How Microsoft's mixed-reality devices could learn a lesson from the HoloLens
- Here's what your PC needs to run Windows 10's Mixed Reality VR
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTHelp Desk Specialist (Level 1) - Sydney West (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Agile Business AnalystOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Financial advisorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Analyst/Security EngineerOther