HTC Vive has announced the pre-order availability of the Vive Wireless Adapter.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
If you’re looking to buy a VR headset right this moment, here’s what you need to know.
RMIT Online has announced the launch of its university short course in virtual reality and augmented reality using Amazon Sumerian, as well as further AI courses.
Lenovo has announced the Australian availability of the Lenovo Mirage Solo Virtual Reality Headset and the Mirage Camera.
As far as value for money goes, virtual reality is a still a pretty dicey proposition for most consumers. There's definitely some exciting VR content out there for early adopters but, maybe not quite enough for everyday consumers to justify investing in their own equipment.
The HTC Vive Pro is - by-far - the best VR headset money can buy. However, the lack of significant differences between the experiences you get out of it and the regular Vive leave the Vive Pro looking more like a luxury product than it is a landmark one.
We spoke to Facebook’s Jason Juma-Ross, APAC Tech & Telecom Strategy about the company’s strategy surrounding the new headset. Here are our key takeaways from the chat.
Ahead of this year’s IEM Sydney, we sat down to chat with Intel’s GM for gaming and VR/AR sales Lee Machen to talk about eSports, VR and where Intel’s broader positioning in the gaming space is taking them.
Facebook and Oculus have launched their first standalone VR headset, the Oculus Go.
HTC Vive has announced Vive Pro 2.0 Kit specifically built for commercial users to develop and deliver VR experiences to grow their business.
Developments in manufacturing, customer service and healthcare mean VR has the potential to change almost all facets of our lives.
HTC Vive has announced that the HTC Vive Pro Head Mount Display will be available for $1199, while also announcing that the current Vive full kit will be reduced to $879.
Here’s everything you need to know about creating and using the Samsung Galaxy S9’s AR Emojis
Olay has introduced the new Olay Skin Advisor to Australia.
For a generation, TVs have been in the background – in more ways than one – of household entertainment. Desktop computers, laptops, smart phones and tablets have taken over as the dominant entertainer in the home. But not anymore.
There are countless trends competing for attention in the gaming notebook and laptop space but not all of them are either useful or benefit the core gaming experience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 3 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 4 DJI Mavic 2 Pro review: These glorious heights
- 5 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC Vive debuts Vive wireless adapter
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Lenovo announces new wireless standalone Virtual Reality Headset and Camera
- Facebook launch their Oculus Go VR headset
- HTC launches Vive Pro Kit for VR-based business users
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?